No announcement yet.

Ok guys trying to figure out what speaker brand I should use for my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is the box i have it has 2 10s and 2 4s and 2 2.5s i got it from a tv unit there a whole wiring in it to i m either gunna have my 444w amp hoooked up to it or my 200w
    well i wanted to match all my speakers in my car but i found a set of mtx subs 10inch where i buy one for 90 and get the other free
    but mtx only makes 6.5 inch compments speakers and there expensive does it matter if i match all of it
    somone respond please
    Last edited by 83countrysquire; 07-12-2006, 07:44 AM.
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

which is better

also wat isa good tweeter brand
      Last edited by 83countrysquire; 07-12-2006, 08:16 PM.
      sigpic
      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

So you're buying all your speakers separate? Do you realize each speaker can only play certain frequencies? You would need to make you're own crossovers or buy some kind of processors and run active.

You're best bet would be to buy some components, rear fill (whatever size fits the factory holes) and 1 or 2 subs.

What happened to the mini Mac plan?

Comment

To much money form mac mini 1200 dollars to have everything i wanted
          sigpic

Comment

id also suggest not using any sony items. my brother had a sony head unit and subs and at every lil bump, railroad crossing, or dip in da road it would skip, even if he slowed down. da subs couldnt handle da pioneer amp i gave him so we got rid of his old system and i 'sponsored' him a full pioneer system.

i myself, have nothing but pioneer in my car. if i cant afford pioneer, i usually go for power acoustik or dhd(these only for amp issues though) speaker wise i only use pioneer. why are you only getting 10's in it? dont want 12's or cant afford them? i actually have a set of kickers cvr12's if you're interested, slightly used but they work nicely. heres a pic

Comment

well how much are you lookin for them but my box can only handle 10s thou
              sigpic

Comment

The suggested pioneer HU is the one I bought...It's nice, though I haven't installed it yet...
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

wat do you mean by your box can only handle 10's? not enough space back there for 12's or your amp cant push em hard enough?

Comment

i think hes talkin about the size of the sub box...

I would ditch the home stereo enclosure and get one made for cars... home speaker boxes cant handle the bass, the enclosure needs to be really thick for tight response.
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Home speaker box?

Oh. God.

Comment

hmmm i see, well i have several boxes for 12's also, i have a sealed box, ported bandpass and one of those cheapie boxes, looks kinda like a small elongated pyramid lol. all of em for 12's if interested

Comment

i'm surprised that nobody has mentioned kicker for component or midbass speakers.. i have 4" kicker ds series in my dash and kicker 6x9"'s in the rear deck, and hit hard. all this is powered by my alpine 9856 head unit. i would suggest this head unit to you since you are looking for something that allows you to search through your songs.. there is a quick-find type mode offered by the mid/high level alpine head units that lets you use the rotary knob to find a song you want to play while still listening to your last desired song.. the kicker speakers hit hard, and i got dash and rear deck speakers for only around $175, and the alpine powers them with all the wattage they need. and it's hard to pass up a competition level speaker manufacturer that uses the motto "livin' loud" - also the alpine HU was only $200, but the remote is another $40

Comment

well I accualy got the MTX 10"
                            the box is made out of this particle board and I m gunna strenghten her up a bit
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X