one-way trip for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one-way trip for me?

It's looking that way. The way things are going, I need to get away from this city. I am finding nothing worth my time in ND. No friends, spread out family, lousy paying jobs, no beneficial future. I think I need to suck it up and finally move on.

The goal: I would like to take, at least, three months away from ND, no matter where. Just not here.

Do it.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Do it while you can, if you don't the 'what ifs' will always be there.
      -Matt
      1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

3 months is just a vacation - you'll need to have your own place and full time job to really get a feel for anyplace... if you dont plan to stay, you'll wind up right back in your hole (figuratively speaking)
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Hey you better bring duplicates of those maps for me if we aren't going back together.lol
          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Zack, one of my thoughts is this: if I decide to stay out east, I'll need to get S.U. out there. You and I could ride back to Omaha together and then I could get back to ND from there.

Comment

Ya we could do that.

Comment

Keep in mind that the way my life operates, it will not be a one-way trip. Just because that's what life does to me. When I plan and hope, it blows up in my face.

I'm going to have to just take it day by day at this point. Things are not going the way I want them too.

Comment

If life is sucking in ND, move if you can. If you aren't job limited, than you have a wide variety of places to live. You can live up north somewhere other than ND, you can move to the mid-west as it's not too bad, you can move far west, far east, northwest, northeast, southeast, or southwest. Whenever I go to the eastern part of the US, I like it. The southwest is so amazing and beautiful. New Mexico is a great state, especially if you love Mexican food. And you can't go wrong with Texas. Texas is so different in itself, like south Texas, north Texas, and so on, they're all different from each other. If you really don't like ND, move somewhere far away so you aren't in the same type of place. And if you can, move away from family. I don't live close to my relatives, so it's that much better when we go to see them.
                  88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                  Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

when are you gonna be around Omaha????? thought i would ask since i could at least meet you guys from here.
                    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic
                      when are you gonna be around Omaha????? thought i would ask since i could at least meet you guys from here.
                      The plan is for me to drive to Missouri Valley, Iowa on August 15th and spend the night. Zack and I are going to meet up on the 16th and head east.

If you wanted to meet up, I could roll out a day earlier. Unfortuneately, Zack and I need to leave the 16th (no later) to get to SF within a reasonable time.

87_crown_vic, what are you doing on Tuesday, August 15th? Maybe we could meet up for supper or something.

Comment

Good that is exactly when I was planning on leaving, the 16th, probably around 6 or 7 am to get there around the usual hotel check out times for you. Ya I don't want to do a straight drive through to sf.

Comment

i am just across the muddy mo from missouri valley. i am in blair so i know exactly where you are gonna be. there is a motel 6 right off the interstate. i need to see how my schedule at work is.
                          Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Someone give me five good, solid reasons why I should make my trip to PA a one-way trip.

Things are still not going the direction I'd like them to go.

Comment

1 we have the best u-pull-it yards
                              2 pa is box panther central
                              3 it's beautiful here
                              4 stuff is cheap
                              5 best box mechanics this side of the mississippi

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                              X