Dumb, but still a problem - NO POWER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb, but still a problem - NO POWER!

I've been spending countless hours trying to solve this problem - it's a total mystery even though it seems like it would be relatively simple to solve. I recently replaced my ignition lock cylinder and my alternator. I was driving it to work when I parked, turned it off, and went inside for 30 minutes. When I came out, the car was totally dead. I thought the battery had croaked, but there was no response even when I used jumper cables or a whole new battery.

I tried replacing the solenoid on the firewall and I have 13.3 volts at the terminal. I have nothing electrical in the car currently working - no lights, no radio, no clock, NOTHING. Even touching the battery cable directly to the starter doesn't turn it over, only gives a weak spark. Someone speculated that I have a bad ground on the battery. When I was working on it, I did remove the ground strap to the negative battery terminal. Is this my problem?
    Strike steel and call forth sparks.
    Strike a man and call forth fury.
    Whatever you would shape, man or steel,
    Thou must strike with force.

Sounds likd a bad ground.Recheck your ground from the battery to the block.Also check all your other grounds from the body.

02 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS 4.6 ALL STOCK,KYB GAS ADJUSTS,GATOR BACK BELT.SOON TO COME J-MOD,DUAL EXHAUST

Comment

Check your inline fuses most are at the solinoid connection on the battery side.
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
      X