Oil Cooler Hoses Seeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Cooler Hoses Seeping

I did the first oil change since I got my vic yesterday and I noticed the hoses that go to the oil cooler are seeping at the connection. It is not a leak yet but it is just starting to seep. So I guess my question is what should I get for the hoses? What size hose is it and is there there just a part # that comes with the hose precut and with the clamps?
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

It's most likely the O-rings leaking. You can get replacements and Ford for both lines.

Ray
    Car: 2004 Mercury Marauder
    Engine/Tranny: 49k miles and bone stock....for now

Comment

yep

replace the o-rings or hoses, whatever is needed.

just be sure to NOT bypass the system!

2000 HPP Mods
      15.2 @ 89.13mph-1/4 mile
      9.73 @ 72.01mph-1/8 mile

Comment

Why cant you bypass it, Better to route one hose into the other completing the oil circuit. someone removed the lines on mine and plugged the two ports, causing the cam to wear out and the rockers to fall out, seeming like a harmless misfire, little did i know it was lack of lube until I tore it apart thinking it was a head gasket. caused by plugging off the oil cooler lines, the only lube in the motor was coming from the oil pressure relief on the pump.

Comment

every person that i have heard that has bypassed the system has needed a new motor within a year or so.

2000 HPP Mods
          15.2 @ 89.13mph-1/4 mile
          9.73 @ 72.01mph-1/8 mile

Comment

Originally posted by BigJon
            every person that i have heard that has bypassed the system has needed a new motor within a year or so.
            better to bypass it , than to plug those lines off like the one ive been working on.
            IT IS OK as long as you connect those 2 lines together somehow. , just removing them and plugging the holes in the block- adapter cost you the motor, I was lucky I caught the one I just got in time to save the block, but the cams/heads were junk. I made a series of fittings that screwed in where the oil cooler line flows out, the unrestrictively flows back into the motor where the other line was. When I tested this before I installed this piping, I removed 1 plug someone put in there, on the guage i hooked there I had 90psi at idle!, I did this and got a free flowing oil flow at 35 idle, much more like idle, and now the filter is able to work unlike if it was still plugged off at the cooler fittings..

Comment

Working...
            X