if my in tank pump dies.. can i inline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if my in tank pump dies.. can i inline?

yeah... so if its dead, can i just plumb in an inline fuel pump or what?

i dont think that is a good idea. the pump in the tank will restrict flow, and cause it to run bad. it will also burn up the in-line pump from making it run harder to retain pressure needed. a friend of mine converted his lincoln to carbureted, and left the pump on. it would stall out and not want to run right. so if you have o pull the rank to remove the pump, you might as well replace it. thats my opinion, unless someone else has another idea.
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

yeah you'd have to pull the tank to do it right anyway, but yes
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

On my wagon the pump is getting very loud, I'm guessing thats a sign of wear? The wagon just rolled over 100,000.

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic
          i dont think that is a good idea. the pump in the tank will restrict flow, and cause it to run bad. it will also burn up the in-line pump from making it run harder to retain pressure needed. a friend of mine converted his lincoln to carbureted, and left the pump on. it would stall out and not want to run right. so if you have o pull the rank to remove the pump, you might as well replace it. thats my opinion, unless someone else has another idea.
          Exactly, I tried that myself.

Doesn't work. Just replace the intank POS, it isn't too hard to drop the tank.

Make sure to have an empty tank, and PB blaster!
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I will be droping my tank tomorrow to put in a new Walbro 255lph high pressure pump that came in the mail for me yesterday. I first put a used 190 in there my buddy gave me it lasted about a year!

Comment

Working...
            X