Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIGI SPEEDO IS IN AND WORKING, AND WHAT BITCHES!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIGI SPEEDO IS IN AND WORKING, AND WHAT BITCHES!!!!

lost my non working high beam indicator, and the gear indicator, no big deal, even th eodometer stoll works, lost the trip odo though, look in the for sale section, ive got the message center, the fuel gauge, the brain for it all, plus the dash buttons for sale, someone take em, price is dirt cheap, and raser, send me a pm with your info so i can pay you
    jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Awesome! Nice work. Its cool having just the speedo in the center and the other stuff original. I hope to have mine in sometime soon, held up on the fuel sender currently. One question i had though was can you somehow keep the button to switch from mph to Kmph?

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
    1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

only with the fullmessage center install or use a t-bird speedo with the built in button
      jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

sweet
        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

What part is the shift indicator in? I thought it was under the speedo normally.

I'm guessing you don't have the wiring harness for the rest of the message center mess do you?
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by FatNasty
            One question i had though was can you somehow keep the button to switch from mph to Kmph?
            maybe you could if you installed some kind of button somewhere and ran a wire to that terminal on the speedo...
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

too bad youre limited to 86mph now

Comment

i was stuck at 86 with the olsd analog speedo, im sure theres some way around it it flashes 188 on startup, yeah, i have the message center, the brain for it, and some wiring that plugs into both, not the full harness though, raser cut ti when he took it ouit, otherwise i wopuldve used it all, ive got the fuel gauge as well, and the old shift indicator was under the odometer on the speedo, so screw it, its all good now

Comment

yeah i had to cut the wiring due to where it runs in the car(what a pita).what are you missing out of the wiring harness? as far as i could see is all you had to do was mach it up wire for wire. i thought i only left out the wire inbetween on that huge main bundle of wires? if you need another piece that i missed let me know mang. btw it looks great in the muppetmobile !i'll see if the cougar guys know of an over 85mph fix like the cougar ones.
                  sigpic"I love it when a plan comes together." Hanibal Smith (A-Team)

Comment

huh, im smart, lol, looks like it is more or less a wire for wire match up, just where the hell to put the message center brain, lol, cause that thing is huge, that and the fuel gauge wouldnt work, need the digi sender, oh well, anyone want a brain, message center, and fuel gauge? price is cheap cheap cheap!!!!

Comment

83tc, can your car achieve speeds higher than 85mph? If it can and you bring her that fast occasionally you're kinda screwed with that speedo until you figure out the 3-digit display mod. It's still cool though, now it's time to get rid of the clock and install the tach in there.

Comment

ive had my red signature car up to 190 kilometers per hour. kmph.

Comment

Originally posted by Pimp Hard Or Bust
                          ive had my red signature car up to 190 kilometers per hour. kmph.
                          You mean you saw the speedo display 190km/h? Cause that's just about 120mph, so the dash actually recognizes speeds higher than 85mph (good for 83tc, probably less work).

Comment

it recognizes speeds up to 188, although i suppose 199 as well, i just dont know how to trick it into going above 86, lol, itll go that fast, but rarely, uses too much gas for highway trips

Comment

maybe this is the secret? Its for a couger but i'll bet the circuit is pretty much the same on a tc speedo. http://www.coolcats.net/tech/advanced/199speedo.html
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X