Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIGI SPEEDO IS IN AND WORKING, AND WHAT BITCHES!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The TC speedo looks way different. Doesn't have that big chip on there, just 2 small ones. Everything is labeled with R's instead of W's too. I'm sure its possible, just have no clue what each little thing does. Someone will figure it out i'm sure.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
    1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks
      You mean you saw the speedo display 190km/h? Cause that's just about 120mph, so the dash actually recognizes speeds higher than 85mph (good for 83tc, probably less work).

that was in my analog dash towncar, not my digital one.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Pimp Hard Or Bust
          guess again, wrong speedo mang
          jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Actually i checked again and that large chip on the left is on a TC speedo under the glass speedo itself but it's impossible to see any numbers or anything in there, it's too small. You would need to tear one apart completely.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
            1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)

Comment

yeah, thats an electronic digi speedo in that pic - TC one is different
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Bah, oh well, it was worth a shot. I'd figure at least half the TC one would be the same. I've never seen the inside of one tho, but I had assumed it was pretty much just like the Coogie one for the display driver, but it also included a VSS setup in there to translate the cable into a useful electronic signal for the speedo function and for message center and cruise output (yes, for unknown reasons the digi dash TC uses the speedo for cruise instead of the VSS)
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Hi All;

I saw a link to this post from my Fox Cougar stomping grounds. I've alway liked the GrandMarq's!

If anyone has a speedo they can lend me, with the understanding that sometimes I do break things in the process of trying, I'd like to check it out to see if there are any obvious ways to turn off the 85 mph barrier.

I like working on these digital clusters like other people like crossword puzzles

As the rest have mentioned, the fact it goes beyond 85 mph when in metric mode, and has three display digits, tends to say odds are good that there is a way to configure the unit to turn off the 85 mph unit.

Comment

ive got a cougar one you can have, pay the shipping and its yours, should work, i dunno, never messed with it
                    jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

I will try to find another one that i would be 100% willing to ship away if there is a chance the 85+ mod can be made. It might take some time to locate one at the local yard though. Bondocougar, i was trying to find your email to ask you about it a month ago or so but i couldn't, glad you joined here.

Comment

83tc, I sent you an email with my address info, let me know what shipping is. Even if it isn't working, I'd like to have even a junk spare to mess with, as I have never seen the inside of this speedo.

Thanks!

Comment

email sent mang

Comment

I have one I fried you can have
                            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

thanks for jumping in here bondocougar! you helped me so much with my digi swap on my t-bird,unfortunatly the third motor went R.I.P.! i apreciate you taking the time to come over here and help. :club: :banana: :rock: :woot:
                              sigpic"I love it when a plan comes together." Hanibal Smith (A-Team)

Comment

Working...
                              X