No announcement yet.

hoodscoop!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you painted your entire hood black, it would look badass...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

orange car, black hood, tan top?, mabye just pull an ivand and paint the center hood black
      jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

PAINT THE FUCKIN' HOOD!!! Atleast the center of it!!

Comment

I like the black scoop, myself.
          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
          1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
          1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

83tc, you've seen my setup (scoop is blue now, to match the rest of the car), for your car I'd reccommend blacking out the center section of the hood (which is white on my car), and maybe blacking out the grille (but leave the crome around it). Think that'll make for some badass looks, I know my is quite the headturner now, even with the rust at dirt on it.

By the way, is your scoop held by only three bolts? Mine has 9, I wouldn't trust only 3 of them.
            Last edited by ; 07-30-2006, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
              I like the black scoop, myself.
              Finally, the voice of reason!!!
              2000 Grand Marquis LS
              2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
              1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
              1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
              Mercury Owners Group member
              Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

*giggles at this thread*

'85 2-Door Crown Victoria
                  302 HO, -0.022" E7 Heads, Weiand Dual Plane Intake, Edelbrock 1406 Carb, Mechanical Fuel Pump, HEI Distributor, 180* T-stat, Transgo Shift Kit, HO Governor, Lokar TV/Throttle Cable Setup, B&M Torq Master 2000 RPM Stall Converter, FRPP Trans Cooler, Mustang Shorty Headers, 2.25" Dual Exhaust, Flowtech H-pipe (no converters), Hooker AeroChamber Mufflers, Side-exit Exhaust w/ Chromed 2.5" Tips, '02 PI F/R Shocks, Cut 2004 PI Front Springs in the Rear, PI Rear Sway Bar, 17" SAP Wheels, 245/50/Z17 Michelin Pilot A/S Tires, Cold A/C, Cruise Control, 4.10 Rear End Gears, Trac Lok Diff.
                  '04 Crown Victoria LX Sport, '02 Jeep Liberty
                  '83 Suzuki GS 1100E Motorcycle[/color]

Comment

ivan-5 bolts, 2 each side, one in middle rear, and im thinkin ill paint the grille center black and leave the black scoop, mabye black out the headlight inner trim and a few other things, contemplating black top too, or just paint the whole car flat black and mask off flames in the existing orange color.....
                    jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Do the black grill as a beginning, then go from there. Maybe blackout the headligh bezels completely, than you'll have the crome around the grill and around the blinkers contrast better with the bezels and the grille and the hoodscoop.

Comment

If you paint the scoop, it would be too much orange IMHO, and would stick out like sore thumb. Either leave the scoop black or paint the center of the hood black.
                        Personally I kind of like the black scoop as long as it is functional.
                        My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

Well here's my current paint scheme, gives you kinda of idea how it may look if you make the hood two-tone:
                          Last edited by ; 02-05-2010, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mercenvy
                            If you paint the scoop, it would be too much orange IMHO, and would stick out like sore thumb. Either leave the scoop black or paint the center of the hood black.
                            Personally I kind of like the black scoop as long as it is functional.
                            The voice of reason speaks!!

Leave it Black!!!
                            2000 Grand Marquis LS
                            2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
                            1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
                            1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
                            Mercury Owners Group member
                            Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks
                              Well here's my current paint scheme, gives you kinda of idea how it may look if you make the hood two-tone:
                              Don't do that. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                                Don't do that. Please.
                                Shutup!!! He's gonna have the scoop the color of the center part of the hood though, so even if you don't like mine you may still like his combo.

Comment

Working...
                                X