No announcement yet.

hoodscoop!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say paint the scoop Orange, but the car looks good enough as it is.

1999 Ford Crown Victoria LX 1/4 mile - 15.8 sec. @ 87 mph
    -Marauder Intake and 80mm MAF, XCal 93 Octane Tune (BOC) with Motorcraft 22F Copper Plugs, Hi Flow Cats, Glasspacks with Short Exits Rear of the Tires, FRPP 70mm TB, Addco Sway Bars Front and Rear, PI Shocks

Comment

Black!!!!
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I like the scoops! Where did you guys get yours? My car ate the air cleaner again or I should say all of the filter material! So I need to get an air cleaner of a substantial size. I am also working on getting a carb spacer that has rifled barrels so the fuel will atomize faster and more efficiently, so height is becoming an issue.
        Last edited by Spaceman Spliff; 08-24-2006, 05:47 PM.
        :smoking:
        www.protostellarjet.com
        www.cdbaby.com/protostellarjet
        www.myspace.com/aaronboutin
        www.myspace.com/cosmicorgasm
        www.myspace.com/protostellarjet
        www.myspace.com/3tribesofthemoon

Comment

Howdy, I got my scoop from a member here (Fordman), and he got it from Mustangs Unlimited IIRC. A scoop like that will look really badass on your car, and if you instal an air-cleaner with an open top you're basicallly looking at one decently good CAI system

Comment

got mine off ebay
            jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks
              Howdy, I got my scoop from a member here (Fordman), and he got it from Mustangs Unlimited IIRC. A scoop like that will look really badass on your car, and if you instal an air-cleaner with an open top you're basicallly looking at one decently good CAI system
              As long as you don't drive in the rain...and as long as you are moving...
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
                As long as you don't drive in the rain...and as long as you are moving...
                You know, I can swear I put something about water in the filter while typing the post you quoted, beats me why It's not there. Or maybe I just typed it in another post in another thread...

Comment

i would say be different...its your car. if you paited the top part of the hood, i like the way the new chargers that are the burnt orange and black on there hood

I do like how Dodge did the Chargers and such, so id say Paint the scoop, and hood black mostly.

Loved the funny shouting match.... smiles

Kimono_skunk

Comment

Originally posted by Kimono_skunk
                    i would say be different...its your car. if you paited the top part of the hood, i like the way the new chargers that are the burnt orange and black on there hood

I do like how Dodge did the Chargers and such, so id say Paint the scoop, and hood black mostly.

Loved the funny shouting match.... smiles

Kimono_skunk
                    Hate to break it to ya bro, but that car was sold a while ago, it is no longer in possession of a member of this site.

Comment

Originally posted by mercenvy
                      and would stick out like sore thumb.
                      PAINT THE SORE THUMB.!!!
                      1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
                      1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
                      1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Ahh shoot, now I feel really stoopid.... hehehhehh

Kimono_skunk

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma
                          PAINT THE SORE THUMB.!!!
                          And another one who ain't reading - car is GONE, he can't paint shit on it no more! The only cars with special hoods remaining on GMN now are my "Redneck Racecar" Townie and the "Big Blue Tank" Grand Marquis with the hoodscoops, and Duce's Crown Vickie with the cowl induction... I like eboing unique

Comment

you don't need a car to paint a thumb.
                            1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
                            1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
                            1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma
                              you don't need a car to paint a thumb.
                              Haha, got me there

Comment

you forgot phayzers custom hood

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                                X