Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frankenstein T-5 Waggin' Chronicle (vast doesnt do it)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pant(her)-lessŪ :nonono:
    Save the Whales -- Harpoon a Honda.
    There are three ways to get something done:
    (1) Do it yourself.
    (2) Hire someone to do it for you.
    (3) Forbid your kids to do it.

Comment

hahaha
      Nick
      88 Colony Park LS
      G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
      Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

I don't think words are necessary.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
        1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
        1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Count on a full write-up of how to install a 1992+ aluminum shaft into a 1991 and older Panther, including what differences will be found between the pre-1990 and the newer box designs.
          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Yeayaaa!!! Awsome mang, and the bottom of that wagon looks clean as hell too.
            Nick
            88 Colony Park LS
            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Yes. It has oil sprayed all over it from when the last motor went bye-bye, but there is little to no rust.

Comment

Fuck the oil, I thought the underside of mine looked good, but noooo, you gotta come in here with your car all mint with no rust, even on the frame.
                Nick
                88 Colony Park LS

Comment

Hehehe. Sorry, dude.

Comment

I plan to drop the driveshaft, rear axle, and exhaust one day and spray the entire underside with a heat-resistant undercoating... if it exists.

Comment

Mine's still got gray primer and weird writing, like 30 is written everywhere in yellow paint marker... frame, inside the factory wheels, and all these little green and yellow dabs on the original tranny. No rust on my baby!

Lookin' forward to that write up! Did only PI's have aluminum driveshafts (I know P72 Boxes were the only ones with AL driveshafts, what about aeros)?
                      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I don't know. The one from which I got my driveshaft was a PI, but I'm not sure whether the aluminums were limited to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie
                          Lookin' forward to that write up! Did only PI's have aluminum driveshafts (I know P72 Boxes were the only ones with AL driveshafts, what about aeros)?
                          I have seen aluminum driveshafts under both a 1990-91 Crown Vic with single exhaust and same vintage Mercury Grand Marquis with single exhaust. Both cars had turbine wheels.

Comment

It just occurred to me...

I could have this mother fucker running tonight!:coolshades:
                            *Disappears outside...*

Comment

Good luck!
                              Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

I've heard/said that before....
                                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                                X