No announcement yet.

LED services and buy-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They make LED replacements for the b-pillar lights?(Bulb number is 161)
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
      85merkpark - 2 for the outer Bpillars - blue?
      Yes, Blue. What other colors are there? May get a couple incase my mood changes

2000 Grand Marquis LS
      2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
      1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
      Mercury Owners Group member
      Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
        2 or 4 - I think the difference is wether or not you have a trip odometer.. those have 4 i think.

heres a little something to get the endorphins flowing....
        in these pics only the 194s are lighting the car... the row of small LEDs in the dash is off.
        The LEDs behind the vents are the older single LED inverted-lense-side-emitters. Looking right at the 5 LED ones kinda hurts the eyes... I put the older ones in the doors becuase it was too bright... (5LEDs in the doors for the pics)

THATS FN AWSOME
        '89 LSC 118k - work in progress scott hooked it up

Comment

Paul - IIRC the 161 bulbs is the same size and shape as a 194 bulb. These replacemenet can fit into any bulb socket that uses a small wedge base.

85merkpark - this guy also has red, white, and amber. Ill have a couple of each extra so you can see how they look

There also exists green ones, but the seller i get them from doesnt have them. Everyone else besides the hong kong guys are selling them for like $8-$10 each!

5.0 LSC - are you in the PA area??? if you come to scottfest, I can hook you up!

Everyone - Ill be placing the order tonight. LAST CHANCE!!!
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Seneeb's 97 should have 6 bulbs for his cluster as it is basically the same as mine. Seneeb you can't pull the filter off the clusters in these cars so it will be pretty dim. It is cool too have the blue glow around the odometer and trip but that is about it.
            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Petemang -

How much for the blue LEDs that fit in a 140 cluster?
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

that's fine, it'll still giterdun
                GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
                1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
                99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
                03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
                95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

tom - same price - Id use the 5-led ones.

seneeb - if Zwack is right, there is no obligation. Im interested to see what they look like myself!
                  Did you use the 5-led bulbs zwack?
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

go ahead and pick them (6) up pete and we'll figure it out there
                    GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
                    1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
                    99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
                    03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
                    95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

I already ordered a dozen 194 in blue, so whatever extra I have will be avaliable as well.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I thought it was 5 but then I found a one that I missed at the bottom. I wanted to do my OD off light and AC controls also bring a total of 8 for me. I should have ordered 9. I was short one in the end so it would mean 6 just to light the cluster.
                        Last edited by zwack88; 08-08-2006, 12:09 AM.
                        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

You sure Pete? I thought 168 was the other replacement for a 194 bulb.:confused:

Comment

yes, Im sure - lol

there are many bulbs that are the same size as a 194, and many more that have the same base.
                            Look up a 161 bulb and see for yourself!
                            Last edited by 85crownHPP; 08-08-2006, 01:16 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

He's right.

whenever a vehicle called for a 168 (or they brought on in) when i worked at advance, i'd give em a 194.

194 is the most modern and bright version of that size bulb. Plus, it's the most common
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

My bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X