No announcement yet.

see you on the dark side of the moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop at nearest auto parts store, purchase new radiator and coolant, install in parking lot, continue to PA.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Jeeeeeeeez. I'm hardly even looking forward to this now. :nonono:
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Just got home. I'm going to kill my CV. Dead tired. Details tomorrow. Will try my best to figure something out.

Can't fly out. Flying from Bismarck is a minimum $1,052. No joke.

Comment

can you make it to the dayton/cincinnati area by friday morning?
          GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
          1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
          99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
          03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
          95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

damn, i was looking forward to meeting yall

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
            '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
            '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Last night I stopped in Aberdeen, SD to see a friend and let the car cool down. After I left there, the damn thing ran 225+ all the way to I-94. When I started heading west on I-94 the temp settled around 205-210. I don't know what the hell is up with that car. Tuesday it topped off at 250 degrees.

I'm going to check S.U. over. I really don't know if she can take a big trip like this. She's left a few puddles on the floor. Mapquest says 24 hours straight. If I leave by 6 p.m., I could do two 12 hour drives with a hotel in the middle and get out there Saturday morning. I have to see if I have any money left over, too.

Comment

hey montey at least your home and safe not being stuck someplace

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Like I said man, be carefull, and if you don't think you can make it, there will always be another year.

Comment

Ya mangs I am at home. I just didn't feel comfortable driving all the way out there. It really settled in when Montys vic was acting up cause if for some reason he had to turn around I didn't feel like I had it all maped out right to do it myself. Well it turns out he did turn around so I guess it did work out for the best for me. Ya as they said I drove this fucking pos 3 hours to Missouri Valley no problems, drove back to Kearney 3 hours no problems. I had sat at several stop lights when I got into town no problem. But I sat at a light several blocks from my house and it started shuttering alittle and died. I put it in neutral and it cranked over no problem. It ran a tiny bit rough so I kept on the gas alittle to insure it wouldn't stall out again. So I got it home popped the hood and nothing looked wet or anything. I did drive about a hour in the rain. It almost felt like a fuel delivery issue or as if I unplugged a vacuum hose. I will be posting a thread in 4.6 tech shortly.
                    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear about you guys man....But the good new is that ya made it home safe.....
                        The Best
                        Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

Ya it blows. I am ordering rotors and pads for my dads car (cheap ass motorcraft rotors warped) and do the brakes so I that will help me keep my mind off things.

Comment

I just talked to him, he is on the road in WI, and getting a whopping 24mpg!
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

No shit? He was pushing a wind in the cv on the way to Iowa and he was getting 17 mpg at some points. SU has 3.55's too that is great.

Comment

Montey is here safe and sound. Just way tired, lol
                                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                                sigpic
                                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                                X