SF06 recap and notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SF06 recap and notes

left thursday 1:19pm, arrived about 9pm. Could have made it on one full tank of gas, but still not aquainted fully with my car. Got just shy of 28mpg mostly @ 75mph cruise control with all 4 windows down. (mobil gas)

Tolls were not as expensive as I thought they would be.

I spent too much money, but it was all in good times.

On the way home, Blaze had a problem with his electric fan, but i think he got home.

My car loves Mobil gas. It detests Sunoco. I got 23 mpg on the way home (sunoco), driving 5mph slower, and with the windows up a/c off.

I need to put a tarp in the seabag with the oven tent. Having puddles in the tent is not fun.

Bubba box is not neccessary for this type of event. Plus it's too damned hard to get it out of the car.

must bring more shirts. i only brought 3. had plenty of socks and scivvies though.

I'm probably thankfull my sinuses were clogged all weekend, I bet by yesterday I was quite manly smelling.

My car NEEEEEEDDDDSSSS big brakes. They didnt do much fading, but I could tell after some vigorous runs on them twisty mountain roads that they pulsate when hot (and smell bad too!)

The guy in the old LTD nearly caused me to initiate a personal waste control malfunction when he nearly lost it.

Nate's car is the shit! I love the stance. Now just get a good tranny bro.

Tom's Turd is fucking fun as fuck to drive. The J-mod tranny makes me cream my pants.

Nobody camped but me did i smell that bad?

fordgirl now has ho intake stuffages. I now have a c6 for my 84 (well, it's still @ scott's, I'm going back up in a few weeks with the truck to pick it up). I also scored an electric fan cheap.

:led: Nuff said rightdere

Skippy and Val kick ass. great hosts! Thank you both for everything this weekend.

Made in Taiwan parts blow goats. Something about a throwout bearing made out of tin foil.

People look at you funny when you have stuff written on your back glass in shoe polish.

People look at you funny when you have a dial in time on a crown vic.

I NEED A FUCKING CD PLAYER DAMMIT.

I should have brought my work boots. I have short, wide, flat feet, and cheap ass sneakers like i was wearing hurt my feet. my left heel is still killing me.

scott's my idol. I wanna be like him when i grow up. (only with gooder teeth!)

pics will be here after werk

everyone was really cool. some early birds, some night owls, at least one that is unfortunately an early bird but wants to be a night owl (aka, me)
    Last edited by seneeb; 08-21-2006, 10:22 AM.
    GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
    1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
    99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
    03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
    95 S10 93 Accord

Sounds like fun, wish I coulda met ya. Hopefully next year.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

hell, you're not that far away from me now. I'm about halfway between dayton and cincy. Maybe come down for a test & tune at edgewater on a friday night!
      95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

I thoguht you'd like the jmod :evil:

I will be there next year!!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

that fucking car rocks nuts off. It just needs more power and some front end werk (it wanders and the wheel is off center).

oh, and cleaned out!
          95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

The ride in my wagon wasn't worth noting?

Yeah, it wasn't.....
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

i didnt get to drive it
              95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

My car also hates Sunoco. It drops it a good 4-5 mpg, and when you only get 16 to begin with, thats truly horrible. Haven't tried Mobil but it does like some Hess fuel.

Good meeting you too mang, let us know what the e-fan does for your fuel economy. I'm curious what kind of change you see on a 4.6.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

well, that's interestion you should mention the efan. I was looking over my car this evening and noticed that my car has both an efan AND a clutch fan already.

i dont understand why however lol
                  95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

yeah 98 was the first year they got rid of the clutch fan

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Nice meeting you man! Hope to see you again soon.
                      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

thanks for coming matt! it was nice to meet you! come visit anytime

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

what the heck is a bubba box???

and i dont think anyone else brought camping gear. Skippy worked hard on developing that area too... and least you got to enjoy it!
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

The bubba box was that large wooden box that was in my trunk. It is so named bubba box because it was specifically designed for an amatuer radio event with the word bubba in it.
                            95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Working...
                            X