No announcement yet.

Wagons Rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine's missing a few pieces and full of parts...
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSamaritan
      That doesn't count, those were built on a coach lincoln chassis.
      When I slid my 89 colony park into the ditch, the impact broke the frame where it had been rusted over the passenger front wheel. My friend/mechanic jacked the body off the frame, extracted frame and replaced it with a Lincoln hearse frame. Only difference is the eleven grease fittings I must mention to the jiffeelubers.

Donald McCaig

Comment

I wish I had a hearse frame, or any of the super HD frames...
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Actually I have one of the thacker hearses as a parts car. It is basiclly an 85 mgm station wagon with a vinyl top.
          Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
          AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
          Open/Lock/Ratio #
          -----------------------
          G / H / 2.26
          B / C / 2.47
          8 / M / 2.73
          7 / - / 3.07
          Y / Z / 3.08
          4 / D / 3.42
          F / R / 3.45
          5 / E / 3.27
          6 / W / 3.73
          2 / K / 3.55
          A / - / 3.63
          J / - / 3.85

Comment

Originally posted by Paul229
            Here's your focking Lincoln wagon.

SWEETTT!!!

sigpic
            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Decided this needs to be at the top of this forum..

2000 Grand Marquis LS
              2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
              1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
              1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
              Mercury Owners Group member
              Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

So true.

Comment

Uh, Yeah. Wagons are money.
                  Sure, it takes a while to find a nice one. Sometimes a long while.
                  And they do cost a little bit more than sedans.
                  But you never lose your car in a parking lot because it looks like all the other cars.
                  And talk about a chick magnet!!! The babes really dig 'em.

Comment

Saw a nice blue 89-90 LTD wagon the other day for sale...was one I wanted to buy before I got the Squire. Figures it's for sale now...

Comment

I miss my wagon. That's all. If I could have found a clean wagon when I was looking I'd have it instead of the tudor.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
                      1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

I wasn't really even looking for the wagon. Just one I came across in my searching

Comment

Click and Clack talk about the coolness of waggins:

[QUOTE]
                          Your Ford wagon is cool enough for school

Tom and Ray Magliozzi | King Features Syndicate
                          Posted December 21, 2006

Question: I am 16 years old and drive a 1989 Ford LTD Country Squire. It's red and has wood paneling on the sides, with a luggage rack on the roof. My friends at school say that they would never be seen riding in it because station wagons are uncool. What do you guys think? Coty

Tom: Oh, man. Your friends are so wrong on this one, Coty. They're totally missing the boat.

Ray: There are two kinds of cool, Coty. In high school, kids are worried about being different. So they define "cool" as "acceptable," and "what everyone else is driving/wearing/doing." But that's not really "cool" so much as it's "not uncool." You see what I mean?

Tom: But as kids get older, they understand that true coolness is about being an individual -- being yourself. And confidently expressing your true self.

Ray: Think of all the people you know of -- musicians, thinkers, athletes, artists -- who you think are truly cool. They're unique, aren't they? There's no one who looks, thinks, talks or plays exactly like they do. For instance, when I was in high school, the Beatles defined cool.

Tom: Hmm. In my time, Stonewall Jackson was "the man."

Ray: Anyway, do you think the Beatles went to a group of kids in the high-school cafeteria and said, "Excuse me, do you think these shaggy haircuts and low-cut black boots are cool?" Of course not! They did what they thought was cool, and after a while, everyone else followed.

Tom: That's what you're doing, Coty. You have the courage to make your own decisions. And I happen to agree with you, that the Country Squire is a very cool ride. After all, nothing says "cool" like fake wood.

Ray: In a couple of years, other kids will be begging their parents to find them '89 Country Squires. But by then, you'll have already moved on to the next cool thing. Maybe a '75 AMC Matador.
                          [QUOTE]

If you haven't heard these guys on NPR, their hilarious, informative show is on your local Public Radio station at 10:00 Saturday morning, then rebroadcast sometime Sunday.
                          http://www.orlandosentinel.com/class...,1709954.story

Comment

They also have an article in the automotive section of the newspaper called Car Talk, where people ask questions or tell them the problems they're having with their car. I've learned a lot from them.
                            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

my 81 merc 2door was more of a hit than the 91 col park but i stood out being the only guy with the big cars. but the wagons are a very versitile car that why we still have the 85 and 88, both white but the 88 is the mint travel car and the 85 is the stiffend workhorse tow car(i call it the family truck-ster)lol. so to me the wagons and 2doors are the coolest!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

hmmmmm two door wagon anybody?
                                YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Working...
                                X