Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna guess it doesn't have 2.73s anymore.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by 97marquismuscle View Post
      I must be doing something wrong........ OR right? Cause my 97 marquis ran a 14.85 and a 14.9 and it has 2.73 gear stock... aluminum driveshaft an intake upgrade and high flow straight pipes only... and i run those but i see all these awesome 30,000 dollar cars running 15's and stuff..

What could possibly be happening?
      my 97 P71 with 3.27s on 26" slicks never went faster than 16.2 @85 at sea level in low 80 degree weather, thats with the headlight removed and no silencer(about 0.00027 HP.
      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Running 1/8 mile maybe? LOL
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by 97marquismuscle View Post
          What could possibly be happening?
          Something good .... I hope! Be interesting to see some dyno numbers if you get the chance.

General question: do they charge a lot to run a car on the portable chassis dyno when they're brought to shows and stuff? I know of an engine builder who has an engine dyno, but I'm told his basic charge is $500 and there's no guarantee your junk won't be scrap when he's done with it.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
            Something good .... I hope! Be interesting to see some dyno numbers if you get the chance.

General question: do they charge a lot to run a car on the portable chassis dyno when they're brought to shows and stuff? I know of an engine builder who has an engine dyno, but I'm told his basic charge is $500 and there's no guarantee your junk won't be scrap when he's done with it.
            dont know how much the portables cost to run on, but the shops around here i think are around $75 for 3 pulls, if you can find a group doing a dyno day you can get cheaper, when i went it was 2 pulls for $30, the next one i think is going to be 3 pulls for $40-45

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf View Post
              dont know how much the portables cost to run on, but the shops around here i think are around $75 for 3 pulls, if you can find a group doing a dyno day you can get cheaper, when i went it was 2 pulls for $30, the next one i think is going to be 3 pulls for $40-45
              Wow, that's not nearly so bad. Does that include a little basic tuning and troubleshooting like in the HOT ROD article about a guy taking his blown Skylark to Wheels-2-Wheels Powertrain in Warren, MI?

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                Wow, that's not nearly so bad. Does that include a little basic tuning and troubleshooting like in the HOT ROD article about a guy taking his blown Skylark to Wheels-2-Wheels Powertrain in Warren, MI?
                only if you do it yourself. shops normally charge you per hour for tuning. a local shop here lists $125 per hour for custom tuning

Comment

They are stock 2.73 gears and its pretty much bone stock.

I was talking to a local marauder owner who looked over my car and was very suprised to see my run a 14.95 last weekend at the strip. The rear casing was opened up and everything and the ring and pinion are completely stock.

I was also thinking about running nitros like a 50 shot or something since i do have a new intake im curious if it will help me greatly if i do decide to run the bottle. The only thing i might have noticed that was different in my motor would be the balance shafts. Im not sure if they were eliminated or not cause i run my rpms up fast.

Comment

Here you go...

93 Town Car Cartier 150k mi
                    01 CVPI, (Count Blackula)155k mi

Comment

dyno pull results

went and did a dyno pull of our car today, nothing to right home about i don't think.
                      below is what mods hove been done so far.

the first page is hp and torque the secound one is air fuel ratio.
                      let me know what you think.

Mods:
                      Carburetor Conversion
                      Weiand Stealth intake
                      Holley 600 CFM
                      HEI Dist.
                      Accel 8mm plug wires
                      Braided steel hoses
                      3G Alternator
                      2.5" custom-exhaust
                      3.55 Loker rear
                      Gt40P heads
                      FRPP Gt40P Headers
                      Attached Files
                      ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
                      ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Don't suppose you could post screenshots of those for those of us without MS-Office curretnly installed?

Comment

don't know how to do a screen shot, never had to.
                          will pdf. work?
                          ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
                          ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

here it is in pdf.
                            oh and with 355 gears and 275/60/15s i found out how far off my speedo is, at 60 mph it was reading 51.80 mph.
                            Attached Files

Comment

what happened? is that a lopo cam?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

yes, stock cam. now when i go and do the cam i have something to compair it to and hopfully it'll have a better outcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X