No announcement yet.

Found a 2003 P71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when it comes to tunes...Xcal2 and blue oval chips(?) can help you out.

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
    2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

What about the transmission and the aluminum driveshaft? I thought it shifted harder?

Comment

Aluminum driveshaft yes but the tranny doesn't shift any different.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

hmmm... well.. i have not found one 03 or 02 sport anywhere within 75 miles of my zip code.... so i think im gonna stick with this 03 P71... its the only one i have found with 72,000 miles for 5450... and i only have around 5700...

Comment

okay so i found a 2001 p71......

100,000 miles....... 4,700... they say its clean..... so im gonna go look at it.. is a 2001 good enough?

Comment

2001 would get you the PI engine. Make sure the intake has been replaced with one that has the aluminum crossover.
              Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

That is a even worse deal for the 01. Offer the guy 5k for the 03 and call it good. All 2001+ had the revised intake from the factory so no need to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
                  The rack and pinion is so much smoother and easier to turn in the lse then my steering box in the vic.

A note: Your 2000 p71 does not have Variable Steering Assist (EVO) like all other 92+ panthers (and 90+ TC) do. 99-02 CVPIs did not recieve EVO due to issues during rapid turning manuevers. THus steering effort is considerably higher at low speed than 92-02 civilian models (which boost the assist at low speed)

In 97 the gears were redesigned with stiffer torsion bars, so all of them got a little harder to turn, even base/Town Car boxs.

Having that said, the steering is incredibly easy on an EVO equipped -02, HPPs are a wee bit stiffer to turn. If your front end components are in good shape, the steering feel and performance of a 97-02 can rival many rack and pinion setups.
                  -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
                  My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
                  Modifications
                  Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

That is a even worse deal for the 01. Offer the guy 5k for the 03 and call it good. All 2001+ had the revised intake from the factory so no need to worry.
                    2001 PI engines still used an all-plastic manifold from the factory. In (late?) 2002 the intake was revised with the aluminum front crossover.
                    -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
                    My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
                    Modifications
                    Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

Damn thanks for correcting me.

Comment

so if it dosent have the aluminum crossover.. walk away and go after the 03?

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
                          how is that a worse deal?

Comment

No because it isn't that hard to replace, just the price difference the 03 has lower miles for alittle bit more money. See if he will bite if you offer 5k cash in hand for the 03. The 03 seems like the better deal.

Comment

okay.. so if i say 5 and he says no.... should i say.. how about 5200?

Comment

Originally posted by Sphinx
                                okay so i found a 2001 p71......

100,000 miles....... 4,700... they say its clean..... so im gonna go look at it.. is a 2001 good enough?

Wasn't this the title of your original thread? ANOTHER 2001 CV?

Well since you've already bought one before....maybe YOU could educate ME...
                                Since I have never owned a car that was older than 1993...
                                I mean since you've had one already......(2001 CVPI I mean)...
                                My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

Working...
                                X