No announcement yet.

Found a 2003 P71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wait.. what??? what are you talking about.... i never owned an 01.. i owned a 00 and kissed a wall..... im tryna get this 03

Comment

Originally posted by drock96marquis
      In 97 the gears were redesigned with stiffer torsion bars, so all of them got a little harder to turn, even base/Town Car boxs.
      Please explain where the torsion bars are on the Panthers. AFAIK, The only torsion bars I remember are in the trunk?
      My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

2001 PI engines still used an all-plastic manifold from the factory. In (late?) 2002 the intake was revised with the aluminum front crossover.
        Wow I thought that was '99

Comment

Originally posted by Sphinx
          wait.. what??? what are you talking about.... i never owned an 01.. i owned a 00 and kissed a wall..... im tryna get this 03
          IIRC, there was no kissing, or else we wouldn't be having this coversation. I bit my tongue this whole time but I see it did no good.

Comment

OMG.. were you dropped on your head? I ran into a wall head on at 80....

stop changing the subject.....

Okay I guess im gonna go look at that 03...

Comment

buy the 03 if it's clean and not abused.......look for signs of body damage, leaks, condition of fluids, etc

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by mercenvy
                Please explain where the torsion bars are on the Panthers. AFAIK, The only torsion bars I remember are in the trunk?
                THe torsion bar INSIDE the steering gear box. A larger one yields stiffness and road feel of the steering on -02 panthers. 97+ recieved large ones than 92-96, PIs, HPPs, get even larger ones than the 'base' models for sportier feel.

Just because I am not around here much, don't think I am a moron.

And yes there are torsion bars in the trunk as well
                -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
                My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
                Modifications
                Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

okay.. so if i say 5 and he says no.... should i say.. how about 5200?
                  What I have done in the past when negotiating for a vehical I say I have X amout cash in hand, would you take this. If they say yes, all the better but if they say no ask them their bottom dollar. Hopefully you can get them to move on the price. If they do or they don't you just say I will try to get back to you because I will try to ask relatives to give me a small loan for what they want. Then wait a half a day or till however long you can hold out and call them back saying you got a loan and to consider it sold. Even if you do have the money right then tell them that so it seems alittle better for them. That is how I did it for 2 of my previous trucks.
                  2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

What hapened to the blacked out one in the IM's? That shit was badass.

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
                    2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

Originally posted by merc6
                      What hapened to the blacked out one in the IM's? That shit was badass.
                      the cunts sold it....

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
                        What I have done in the past when negotiating for a vehical I say I have X amout cash in hand, would you take this. If they say yes, all the better but if they say no ask them their bottom dollar. Hopefully you can get them to move on the price. If they do or they don't you just say I will try to get back to you because I will try to ask relatives to give me a small loan for what they want. Then wait a half a day or till however long you can hold out and call them back saying you got a loan and to consider it sold. Even if you do have the money right then tell them that so it seems alittle better for them. That is how I did it for 2 of my previous trucks.

Cash in hand is always the best way to go about bringing the price down, especially if buying privately. As I learned from my father, I just put the amount I wanted to pay in cash on the hood of the car. Never had one decline. THings are different when they see the money right there
                        -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
                        My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
                        Modifications
                        Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

Just because I am not around here much, don't think I am a moron.
                          I am well aware of who you are, and I never said you were a moron. All I did was ask you to explain and you did. I appreciate the info, Thank You.
                          I see you catch on quick with the "let's accuse mercenvy of shit" game here on GMN.

Comment

i owned a 00 and kissed a wall.....
                            I ran into a wall head on at 80....
                            OMG....were you dropped on your head? Isn't there a difference between these two statements?

Comment

hush

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

the cunts sold it....
                                damn!

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
                                2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

Working...
                                X