i am now an owner of a tudor 1987 CV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am now an owner of a tudor 1987 CV

according to the book i have they only made 5,527 1987 2 door CV's. here is the site since i won it on ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
    i have finally bought my dream car that i can never find around here. i have to go north of Chicago to get it though. lemme know what you all think.
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Nice! Its just like Tom's CVGT...

I want a black on red tudor
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

It being a northern car,you will probibly have to deal with alot of rust.Did you notice the area of rust under the outside of the gas filler door,and under the middle of the rear window?If it's rusting that bad on the outside of the body,the usual rust areas on these cars are probilby pretty badly rusted out on that tudor.Though you may get extremely lucky and get one that has been garaged for most of it's life.

Comment

i noticed the rust...nothing a lil bodywork wont fix. now i can have a chance to show what i know on body work to guys since i havent had a chance having nicer CVs. i like the 1987s for some reason. at least i can say i own a 2 door now and confuse the hell outta people around here since i only know of 1 other. i never see it on the road though. i think i will name her V2. be like my old white 4 door Vickie but reincarnated as a 2 door. be more fun to build a 2 door up and see what the ricers say around here. i said i would own another white CV but never thought it would be a 2 door. cant wait to get it.

Comment

PIC'S???
          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

all right
            Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

KEWL!!!

That is in a lot better shape than i would have thought. Did you buy it from a grandma who garaged it rain or shine? even while driving...(????)
              YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

just noticed the vin says P71. hmmmm. wonder what it has for power already or rear gears. i plan on getting it in the next couple days.

Comment

Nice. Not a bad price either. And yeah, just about identical to Tom's CV but yours has a tripminder.

Looks like a 5.0 from pics and descrip. P71 was not a police package car before the 90s. The p72 was the generic "fleet" option code for both police and taxi service vehicles.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Awesome deal man!

Comment

thats pretty, little bit of work and you will have a nice 2 door there....what do you have planned for it??
                      Last edited by ; 09-25-2006, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Yea, '87 CV 2 doors are "P71's".
                        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

hey 87 crownvic how's the rust? I noticed inside the door jams and the bottom of the doors as well

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

That's a pretty good lookin' tudor. I wish I had one. They are so much different from the normal sedans...

And it already has an aftermarket stereo...One thing off the list of replacements, maybe?

sigpic
                            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Wow, it's like seeing a twin!

Welcoem to the REAL P71 club!

(waiting for jelybean to post )
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                              X