No announcement yet.

i am now an owner of a tudor 1987 CV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i noticed sumthin on the way home to make sure it was ok on fluids. i noticed the top end was redone. it looks like it had the heads redone and new gaskets all the way up. i can already tell it needs a tune-up from the crap on the rotor button and cap. the wires look old and i plan on doin that so i can drive it. anybody know where i can get an oil cap? it didnt come w/ one. i noticed i am gonna have to do a pan gasket since it is leaking all over the exhaust. you cant tell till you punch it and it smokes some. it has axle code 5 so i am guessing it has 3.27 gears. i am gonna have to get a sander and do some bodywork since it has som rust and such. when i was 20 minutes from ome it had the tail pipe snap off at the muffler. the muffler is rusted out and LOUD. not noticeable when cruising till you have to leave a light or have to push the gas. i am trying to readjust the trunk rods that hold it up since they werent put in there proper position at some point in its past.

plans are to build up when i have time and money little by little. underdrive pullies, shorty headers, H or X pipes, distributor, Ford Racing Black valve covers, a/c& smog removed, mustang H.O. intake. it will take time but it will run nice when its done. probably be a year or so before its all done. bodywork is gonna be first priority after plugs, wires, cap, rotor, pan gasket, fuel filter, oil change, transmission filter kit, definately getting the throttle linkage grommet, adjust the linkage since it takes TOOOO long to shift.

if anybody knows of some stuff i might also need to do, lemme know. i am gonna go thru it and get all this stuff done. i am also gonna get tires so i can get around this winter. i plan on getting some 235/75R15 Goodyear Wranglers for the rear of both CVs so i can get around. lemme know if i have a good game plan or not. i want to get things done to it that might have been neglected.
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

That sucker is nice man. You get rid of that rust and it will look perfect.
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

That Tudor looks Nice aside from some rust, Good find man.
        Resident diesel addict

Comment

ok...been a while since i posted about deuce in here. i have a typhoon upper & lower intake, BBK headers, BBK offroad X pipe, Valve covers, and a CAI ordered in and should be here in about a week. after the engine build up in the spring, i was thinking of getting Deuce into a body shop to have him repainted, and body werk done. i plan on using a blue pearl in the paint and keep him white. the boddy shop said it wouldnt be a problem to add the pearl to the paint and wouldnt charge extra. here is what i found on ebay to use

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._promot_widget

Spring just wont be here soon enough. i thought about getting the windows tinted also.

Comment

ooh a promotional widget!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

What heads and cam are you running with that intake?
              Nick
              88 Colony Park LS
              G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
              Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

in the spring i will be getting thumper heads and will be installing a HO cam.

Comment

well...here is a pic of the intake in my posession...need a few bolts and stuff, but it was only $200 for the setup. guy was only 1 hour from where i lived so i saved on shipping
                  Last edited by 87_crown_vic; 01-30-2008, 10:15 AM.

Comment

hmm..looks familiar...what intake is that?
                    its kool looking whatever it is.
                    sigpic
                    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

it is a typhoon intake.... you can find them on ebay if you search 5.0 typhoon.... i got lucky that i didnt have to pay shipping since the guy lived an hour away from me. so it saved on shipping. i need to get it painted up and set inside Deuce till the engine build.

Comment

well... as an update... Deuce will not be getting the engine as described before. for the price of a rebuild and such parts i can get an Explorer/Mountaineer 5.0 with better things already installed. looks like i am gonna be going the Explorer route with Deuce with the Typhoon upper and lower intake set like Tom hass on his CV. i want mine to look as stock as possible to keep people geussing as to what i have for power. was thinking of at most getting some different wheels but keep it looking almost stock.

Comment

I am leaving mine stock except for wheels and exhaust. I was gonna do a shit load of other stuff but it just didnt seem right on one of only 5,527 cars ever made, half of which are prob in a junk yard or oblivion
                          -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                          -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

i have a pair of them... so i can have some fun by modding one up

Comment

2 of them.....nice! I'm currently doin oil pan on mine Cant wait to get her on the road.
                              -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                              -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Originally posted by 87DeuceVic View Post
                                2 of them.....nice! I'm currently doin oil pan on mine Cant wait to get her on the road.
                                Oohh fun mang. I had a wonderful time removing mine to do the oil pump. IMO, while you got it off, put a new oil pump in and that oil pump driving rod too.

Sorry for the thread jack Jim.

Comment

Working...
                                X