• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bah... you aint sorry...lol..j/k John Mang
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
      it is a typhoon intake.... you can find them on ebay if you search 5.0 typhoon.... i got lucky that i didnt have to pay shipping since the guy lived an hour away from me. so it saved on shipping. i need to get it painted up and set inside Deuce till the engine build.
      Do these Typhoon people have a website?
      -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
      -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

well... the resurrection of Deuce has started... even though his VCs and upper intake are off... i put in a battery and turned key... his engine isnt seized!!!! he has been sitting for 2 years due to the fact of bad oil pump. i now have an oil pump to put in, an engine hoist, and a creeper finally... Deuce will be running soon till the engine quits to give me an excuse to get a Exploder engine in him.

Comment

found out reason why oil pump quit werking on Deuce... there was a piece of plastic stuck in the pump jamming it ans mad the distributor turn the oil pump shaft into a candy cane... the shaft is so twisted that it started splitting apart where it connected to the bottom of distributor... here are pics of the oil pump shaft...

Comment

Holy shit mang!!!

Comment

Sweet Jesus!
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Damn, that'd be cool if it wasn't such a big problem.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

well... got the pan out of Deuce and cleaned it up and took some pictures...

Comment

Forgot to mention to turn the crankshaft so you could get it out. Sorry Jim.

Comment

Ewwwwww...that's sludgy! Have you pulled any bearings down yet to see how badly they're wiped?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

since the pan was off... i reached up and checked the timing chain and the connecting rod bearings. chain i slapping the cover and piston connecting rod bearings i can wiggle. so i think i will be lowering engine back down without pan to roll the car in the garage. it will take more time than i though to do the werk i am doing to get Deuce driving again. i have all the stuff i need to do the werk needed except for a water pump. (water pump ended up in car i took to SF07) wih me luck and maybe Deuce will be running agin in a month or 2.

Comment

since the pan was off... i reached up and checked the timing chain and the connecting rod bearings. chain i slapping the cover and piston connecting rod bearings i can wiggle. so i think i will be lowering engine back down without pan to roll the car in the garage. it will take more time than i though to do the werk i am doing to get Deuce driving again. i have all the stuff i need to do the werk needed except for a water pump. (water pump ended up in car i took to SF07) wih me luck and maybe Deuce will be running agin in a month or 2.
                          Any updates Jim?

Comment

I wish he would start to work on him again, I went out and got him the water pump and rod bearings.. now he needs a impact wrench, he was talking about selling them and getting a diff. car.. I think he should just work on this car and get it running.
                            RIP DENNIS BARTLETT 1-13-2009

Comment

gonna get engine pulled from Beep Beep and install the new parts than be dropping that engine in Deuce... that way when i get an exploder engine, the engine going back in Beep Beep will be good to go with no fixing it. i know it seems like twice the werk, but this way the lower mileage engine will be getting used instead of one that has been messed with numerous times before i got Deuce...

Comment

gonna get engine pulled from Beep Beep and install the new parts than be dropping that engine in Deuce... that way when i get an exploder engine, the engine going back in Beep Beep will be good to go with no fixing it. i know it seems like twice the werk, but this way the lower mileage engine will be getting used instead of one that has been messed with numerous times before i got Deuce...
                                And when will all of this be happening?

Comment

Working...
                                X