Power steering pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power steering pulley

I searched and found the thread on removing pulley but how do you install it without beating the hellout of it?

They usually come with an installation tool. Or you can rent one... Or use a nut, bolt, and washer. The shaft on the pump is threaded
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I went to napa and they rented me a installation tool,I installed the pulley,& then I saw a nut bolt and washer in box that p.s. pump came in. Now that I understand how it works Im a little embarassed I didnt figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by fomoco01
        I went to napa and they rented me a installation tool,I installed the pulley,& then I saw a nut bolt and washer in box that p.s. pump came in. Now that I understand how it works Im a little embarassed I didnt figure it out.
        that's why were all here to helps fellow gmnr's out

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Just don't do like I did and bottom the bolt out and have it snap off. Was doing one on a boat and this happend when the pulley was about 3/4 of the way on there. I took a piece of wood and a hammer and smacked it the rest of the way on.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X