E7's should I??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E7's should I??

My buddy has some E7's off of a 90 mustang that he will sell me for $20. I've been wanting gt40s but these will allow me to run the headers I already have. I have some crane springs I can throw on em. What do you guys think, I mean, how much will I loose, power and mpg going from gt40p to E7's. With as tight as my budget is now I think I could clean em up and make some decent power on the engine I'm gonna use.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Are they bare or assembled? That's a good price either way. Improvement over the stock '82 versions anyway, and you'll get a small boost in compression, too.

As long as they aren't cracked or warped, I don't think you can go wrong.

Check out http://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/630.shtml to compare flow numbers between GT-40P, GT-40, and E7TE heads.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

20bucks aint bad at all, even if they were fucked u can atleast use them for a core which is always nice... cheap head is good.... u can check for warpage urself... also a valve spring compressor and ur good to go u can take the valves and springs in and out all day, save urself some labor at the machine shop....
      1987 MGM 126K 2" True Duel flowmaster 40's 3" tipped exhuast, Tinted 20% all way round, individual bank A/F guages, tach.

Comment

$20 is more than worth it for core if absolutely nothing else. Buy them.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My buddy worked at a machine shop and said they're fine so Im gonna snag em and use em. I hope my crane 1.465" O.D. springs fit in the factory pockets.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Sounds like an excellent deal to me.
            Resident diesel addict

Comment

Working...
            X