No announcement yet.

Moneypit's money pit (1983 CV Tudor) *DUW*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yes you do! That is one sweet setup! And don't kid yourself it looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
      Oh yes you do! That is one sweet setup! And don't kid yourself it looks awesome!
      It's not that- I can't stop staring at the pictures myself! It's that I haven't hardly done a thing to it compared to what I plan to do to it.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
      1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

dayum you HAVE been busy!
        Definitly PotM material thats good stuff. I'll nominatate you next month mang if no one else does.
        How did the big brakes go? did you do new bushings?
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Looks damn nice!
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
            dayum you HAVE been busy!
            Definitly PotM material thats good stuff. I'll nominatate you next month mang if no one else does.
            How did the big brakes go? did you do new bushings?
            The big brake swap went slicker than frog snot! I was quite pleased to find that the whole front end on my car had been redone- so I had NEW balljoints, TREs, and control arm bushings! The only bushings I might need to replace would be the ones on the UCAs.

I got my own stickie!!! w00t! I am honored.

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

:worship:

Well I no longer have the site's coolest tudor, but that honor was taken awhile back from me by turbo, and most likely chachi...
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Well I no longer have the site's coolest tudor, but that honor was taken awhile back from me by turbo, and most likely chachi...
                And dave's to,,,,,,lol just kidding

Moneypit that car is awsome,

Comment

Awesome car!!!

Those wheels and that stance really work for your CV. A friend of mine let me experiment with fitting his 2003 Cobra rims on my ma's CV, but there was too much backspacing and the rim was hitting the upper control arm. I was either going to get the 17x9 2003 Cobra style rims or the Bulllits, but I ended up getting mags. Those rims and tires look great on that car, I am glad that worked for you, good job!!!!
                  Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman
                    Those wheels and that stance really work for your CV. A friend of mine let me experiment with fitting his 2003 Cobra rims on my ma's CV, but there was too much backspacing and the rim was hitting the upper control arm. I was either going to get the 17x9 2003 Cobra style rims or the Bulllits, but I ended up getting mags. Those rims and tires look great on that car, I am glad that worked for you, good job!!!!
                    Packman
                    It's all about spacers. I've got 1.25" in the rear to put the tire right to the edge of the quarter panel so that if the suspension were to compress I wouldn't cut the sidewalls up and .25" in the front-- it's just enough to avoid rubbing the UCA and not enough to rub the fenders.

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Congrats

Your nomination for PotM is well deserved. I probably should have played with spacing the wheels out. I wonder though, did you have to install longer wheel studs? My ma's CV has relatively short studs (stock???) and if I spaced the cobra rims out I probably would have nothing for the lugs to grab onto, but that's water under the bridge and what's done is done. Can't wait to see what you have planned for your CV.
                      Packman

Comment

The 1.25" spacers bolt to the studs and have their own studs onto which the wheel bolts. Stud length is a non-issue.

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention that the center bores on friend's rims were too small for my ma's CV. I am unfamiliar with machining metal alloys, however, I probably could have gotten my father to mess with the wheels or possibly alter the spacers. The current mags that I have on the CV were the first set of new wheels and tires that I have bought for any vehicle. I usually have bought junkyard or used wheels from my friends. I like what I got now but I would have liked P245 45R17's all around like yours because they would handle even better than what I got.
                          Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 12-08-2006, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Congrats on teh win, mang!

Your tudor totally kicks mine's ass!
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                            X