Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling for fuel line expertise

Hey guys,
    I'm new here and already finding this site to be an unlimited source of information.
    I could use some advice with a fuel line situation.
    When I got the car the guy was about ready to send it to the crusher, in doing so he removed the fuel tank and basically cut the lines at the steel tubbing. So what is left is just open steel tubing. I'm used to non-fuel injected cars in which this is not a problem. But with FI there is a pressure issue.
    I would guess I need to get something like the stock connecters to fit the fuel pick up ends, how do these things attach to a raw open metal fuel line??? Any body ever done this?
    Any advice appriciated.

Thanks!!

easiest thing would be get a new tank insert from a salvage yard.
    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Yeah, I'm going to end up putting on a new sending unit and fuel pump which should take care of that end. Then I will need some way to connect the open steel fuel line to that.

Comment

You can get repair lines to put the stock connectors back on. its a hard plastic line with the fitting that would connect to the metal pipes on the fuel pump assembly. The return line isn't a big deal, just use standard fuel hose and clamp it.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

double flares and some high pressure EFI hose will to do trick
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I have used compression fittings there used on break lines which have a lot more pressure than fuel.
            Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

nooooooooo not compression fittings on brakes!!! Double flares and unions!!
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Used them on brakes and fuel no problems done it for 40 some years. Spent all day under the blue Merc there about the only things not leaking.

Comment

I hope you are right turbo - I just patched my long line with compressions... my boss swears hes never had one leak.
                  I have heard of people having problems with them, and I want to say its "illegal" to use them in some states.
                  I tightened them as tight as I thought those little 3/16 fittings could handle, no leaks on the first glance at least.
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
                    I hope you are right turbo - I just patched my long line with compressions... my boss swears hes never had one leak.
                    I have heard of people having problems with them, and I want to say its "illegal" to use them in some states.
                    I tightened them as tight as I thought those little 3/16 fittings could handle, no leaks on the first glance at least.
                    Just dont use them on rusty crap lines. Those russty sections should be replaced no mater how you do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X