need a picture of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a picture of

a Map sensor for the 1982 EEC-III system. What does it look like and where is it. I think i know where it is, but im not quite sure if im looking at the right thing.

I know its a vague post, but please bear with me.

I think its on the passenger side fender and is a round thing but don't quote me on that. I've never worked on an EEC III car.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Not round, they all look the same. rectangular, mounted vertically on the passenger side fender, towards the rear.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by OneBadLSE
        a Map sensor for the 1982 EEC-III system. What does it look like and where is it.
        Go here: http://198.208.187.182/internet/Part...rtnbr=213-1750

Rockauto is a good source for parts, prices, etc - plus it has pictures!!!!

HO with Explorer Cam, Electric Fan, Cop Sway Bars, Dual exhaust with no mufflers, 15x7" American Racing; 215/70R15's front, 255/60R15's rear, 3.55's with Trak-Lok.

Comment

See, I toldya they were kind of round
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yah they are wierd lookin.
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Doesn't look like the one I just saw saturday on that car Johnnie stripped. That one looked just like the one on the SEFI cars.
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

There is no MAP sensor. Just a B-MAP sensor. Just as i had expected. Thank you for the pic!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
                  Doesn't look like the one I just saw saturday on that car Johnnie stripped. That one looked just like the one on the SEFI cars.
                  If RockAuto's info is correct, it looks like the round B-MAP sensor was used on 1983 and older only. Later cars (still CFI) got the newer style.

HO with Explorer Cam, Electric Fan, Cop Sway Bars, Dual exhaust with no mufflers, 15x7" American Racing; 215/70R15's front, 255/60R15's rear, 3.55's with Trak-Lok.

Comment

Thank you again guys. B-MAp is functioning properly. Disconnected it and the car would run so rich it would pour black smoke (heavy) out the tailpipe. Gonna try the crankshaft position sensor.

Comment

yeah, the one jonny stripped was an 85 - they are EEC-IV like yours
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Most of the EEC IV CFI sensors are the same as SEFI stuff really. The only real difference is the actual injector system. EEC III stuff is just odd.

Comment

i've werked on eec3..............what's it doing?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

its alot to explain.....i dont even know where to start.

Its a little late in my evening....(1024 am in the morning..i had a very VERY LATE NIGHT) Im gonna get some sleep and come back to try and explain whats going on. I have aim, so if you see me online please IM me.

SN is : DAILLMK7

Comment

ok heres a short run of whats going on with it.

no matter how cold or hot it is, WOT boggs down completely. in neutral it will rev to appx 3000, but beyond that will bogg and backfire in the air filter. Every mechanic almost that has come in contact with this car says its timing. The timing chain was done less than 2k miles ago. it was off 2 teeth. no it is corrected. timing or whatever it is still seems to be WAY the fuck off. I am so agrivated because its so georgous and i cant enjoy it. I have a decent amount of money into the car so i would preffer to drive it as almost a daily driver (it owes me that much)

what has been done:

fuel pump/filter/tuneup. Car holds pressure at the right PSI for fuel. Bmap is functioning. TPS is non functional. car also seems to be overheating???? i have a bad heater core and an extremely hard hose just mins after starting the engine. I will bypass the core and remove t-stat when i get a chance tomorrow most likely.

That wat the car is doing in a nutshell. i will get video of what happens on a WOT

Comment

Working...
                              X