{FOX PARTS}headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{FOX PARTS}headers

does anyone know what headers will fit a 91 marquis and where to find them? thanks

Most of your Mustang 5.0 (both stock and aftermarket) shorty headers fit...but they require the Mustang H-pipe....the Marquis manifolds have the O2 sensor bungs in them, and they are in the H-pipe on the mustang exhaust...

Comment

I saw you lookin!

Welcome to GMN!

Either stock or aftermarket mustang shorties will work. But you will have to modify the downpipes, because they are different. You have dual exhaust, I take it.

Heres is a pic of the difference in the collectors, the shorties are on the top, manifolds on the bottom. (Thanks for the pic, justin!)
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by grand_marquis_gt
        I saw you lookin!

Welcome to GMN!

Either stock or aftermarket mustang shorties will work. But you will have to modify the downpipes, because they are different. You have dual exhaust, I take it.

Heres is a pic of the difference in the collectors, the shorties are on the top, manifolds on the bottom. (Thanks for the pic, justin!)
        And if you look close enough, you will see the face of Satan in the bottom manifold pipe opening...

Comment

Holy shit, I didnt notice that before! :hairrais:

Comment

thanks for the help. theres not alot of places to go for info for these kinda cars. not alot of people like these type of cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 91mercruiser
              thanks for the help. theres not alot of places to go for info for these kinda cars. not alot of people like these type of cars.
              Well, there is a plethora of information here...

Comment

Thanks

Yes we are the resident grand marq nuts

Comment

so do my exhaust manifolds = $26,000 grilled cheese?

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                  '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                  '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

A few questions:

1. So, both Mustang 5.0 stock and H.O. headers match up to the H-pipe? There was only one type/shape of H-pipe available? I assume w/cats and w/o cats were the same shape/bend.

2. Do the mustang headers bolt up to the stock GM heads? Does it make a difference in performance without the H.O. heads?

3. I'm going to be looking at a cat-less H-pipe on Friday. Does it make a difference if the Mustang had a manual or automatic trans? I'm assuming not, but I want to make sure there is no difference in the shape or bend of the H-pipe.

----------------------
                    Justin

Comment

1. Yes, Catted or Cat-less H-pipes are the same bend. X-pipes are usually more tricky.

2. Yes, they bolt up to standard (s.o.) heads. They still flow better than stock manifolds. You'll notice more top-end power as well as a better sound than with manifolds.

3. H-pipes are usually for AOD's and X's, as I said, are usually for 5-speeds. Some have reported getting X's to work around AOD's but the H is the safest bet.

Comment

Thanks.

------------------
                        Justin

Comment

if you are installing headers, i would get a set of aftermarket 1 5/8" unequal length shorty headers for a 86-93 mustang. the stock shorty headers are somewhat restrictive.
                          if looking for a low cost option, pick up a set of tubular manifolds from a 1990 lincoln towncar.........they are only found on the 90 btw they are a direct fit and should offer a slight gain in flow
                          oh and welcome to gmn!
                          scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                          X