Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

{CARB-SWAP}Looks like time for a carb swap of my own.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{CARB-SWAP}Looks like time for a carb swap of my own.

Simplified! I am going to run the EEC-IV ignition, AND my stock fuel pump and relay.

Heres where the cool part starts. I am gonig to use an 84 ford tempo fuel filter, and my return line to make for a system that is cheap regulator friendly. Hook this to a 2150 that GL runs, and coupled with my existing stand-alone cruise, I will be rockin again, more reliable than evar!!!

Ill take a pic of this filter later. Its cool!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Re: Looks like time for a carb swap of my own.

Originally posted by grand_marquis_gt
    Simplified! I am going to run the EEC-IV ignition, AND my stock fuel pump and relay.

Heres where the cool part starts. I am gonig to use an 84 ford tempo fuel filter, and my return line to make for a system that is cheap regulator friendly. Hook this to a 2150 that GL runs, and coupled with my existing stand-alone cruise, I will be rockin again, more reliable than evar!!!

Ill take a pic of this filter later. Its cool!
    Okay, explain how you are going to bleed off about 40 psi of fuel pressure again?

Comment

With THIS.

Basically, it will bleed off the excess pressure built up the the regulator, out the oriface, and into the return line (I knew they came in useful for somethin!)

Comment

Originally posted by grand_marquis_gt
        With THIS.

Basically, it will bleed off the excess pressure built up the the regulator, out the oriface, and into the return line (I knew they came in useful for somethin!)
        Is that.....legal?
        (quoting the fishy guy on starwars episode I...)

Are they designed for that much pressure?

Comment

They are originally used on a carb'd car that has a return line, an electric intank pump, and a non-feedback carb. It will work perfect.

AFAIK, The pressure was close to the 32 I will be producing.

Comment

I still think that there's some sort of tie-in regarding the CFI and the TFI distributor that won't allow you to run the TFI dizzy with a carb.

Comment

Ill try it, and see.

If it doesnt work, I will have learned. If it does, I rawk! :headbang:

Comment

Working...
              X