Dave's 84 Mercury "Junk yard rescue"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave's 84 Mercury "Junk yard rescue"

Well it all started in march of 2006, i work in the auto wreckers and i have always liked Grand marquis and Crown Vics, and my car at the time was an 1988 Lincoln LSC that had continuis problems, any ways i saw this mercury come in on the flat bed, the first thing i did was drop a battery into it, at took a couple times of cranking it to get it started but when it started it ran nice, the header panel and front bumper wher banged in, and the front of the drivers door was folded back, So i went into the office and asked my boss how much he wanted for it and he said $300 so on my next pay day i ownd a 1984 Grand Marquis 2 door which i have always wanted a 2 door,
    So that weekend i got her home and put a header panel on and it turns out that moastly everything on it brake wise was brand new, so with a little body work and $90 later for a safty test i was driving it, late June, so then around the middle of summer i got some white paint and painted it.
    So then i started to clean up the engine compartment, Removeing the A/C compresser and smog pump. i then grabed another breather from the junk yard to take the snorkal and cut a hole in my breather and attach the other snorkal to it to make a dule snorkal breather, I also found a set of 351 valve covers that say powerd by ford,
    Now some current things i am doing is looking for a '79 front bumper! I just got a '79 grill for it,got an original 8-track sterio,some relly nice headlight bezels , and i am also going to grab the tail lights, i am also planning on getting some fender skirts. I am also playing with the idea of taking some fender vents off a 79 lincoln continental using 2 of them on each side insted of 3 that the licoln uses,,
    So i will continue on with some picks>>>>>>>

!!The Exterior!!

NOTE:The bent front bumper has since been changed as you will see in more current pics...

New tail pipe

My new '79-'82 style grill

Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 11-05-2006, 12:29 AM.

Comment

!!The Interior!!

Onfortunatly i only have one picture of the interior but more to come when i find my digital camera..

My new 8-Track tape player
      Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 11-05-2006, 12:29 AM.

Comment

!!The Engine!!

Hear is my engine

Comment

Working...
        X