Project digital hybrid cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1987cp
    Oh, okay. I'd assumed you would have switched over to a digital odometer. But then, I also hadn't realized the input to the digital speedo was mechanical.
    Yeah, the digital speedo has a regular cable coming up to it which spins a disc that has slots around its perimeter. It just watches how fast the slots go by. The cable also drives the odometer.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

speaking of reverse resistance, that is how my 81s felgage is now with the EFI sender, no biggie, empty is full and full is empty! simple!lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

looks kick ass mang makes me want to do one now I think the year long wait was worth it

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I got some pics of the fuel sender swap. I will do a write up on the entire cluster sometime too. Only took like 20 minutes, i jacked up the car a little, but if you're skinny you might not even have to, just some extra room. Make sure you only do this with 1/3 or less of a tank of gas. There is a little metal ring that has to be spun counter clockwise using a rubber mallet and stick (anything that wont spark). Then the sender just pulls out and installation is reverse. The senders look amost idenical, the sender for the digital guage had a little E and J stamped on it, the standard sender just had a regular ford part number.

Digital sender:

Standard sender top, digital sender bottom. only major difference was the color of the wire.

The sender while in the tank. Once you actually get under there there is plenty of room.

A pic with a full tank of gas and the speedo in action!

Just a random pic while i was under there of my rust free frame and underbody. Hooray for no road salt.... write your congressman!
          Last edited by FatNasty; 11-06-2009, 09:41 AM. Reason: pic url update

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
          1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
          1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

That underside picture of your car makes me cry with jealousy.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

No Shit!
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN
                x1,000,000,000!!!
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Come to think of it, though, I have dual exhaust.

Comment

Come to think of it, though, I have dual exhaust.
                    Hey, it's a lot easier to bolt on duals than to perform surgery on rotted-out floorpans!

Comment

Hey, it's a lot easier to bolt on duals than to perform surgery on rotted-out floorpans!
                      Hey...you're right! Okay, tell ya what. I'll go and steal FN's car and put my duals on it.

Umm..I mean...err...uhh...aww crap.

Comment

Hey...you're right! Okay, tell ya what. I'll go and steal FN's car and put my duals on it.
                        I'll help! Now, where did I put my black ski mask ... is a suede pilot's cap a good substitute?

Comment

I'll help! Now, where did I put my black ski mask ... is a suede pilot's cap a good substitute?
                          That'll work! Operation DTC is a go!

Comment

Awesome work FatNasty. How much would you charge to build another? (just out of curiosity.)
                            Nick
                            88 Colony Park LS
                            G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Well you dont have to steal my car, you can just buy any panther here and chances are it wont be rusty. You should really write your congressman and tell them to stop using road salt, it just does more harm than good. They just compact the snow and throw gravel over it here and it works fine. I never see cars rusted out here like you see in the midwest/east.

88MercWagon - I have no idea what i would charge, its not to much money in parts but it took a while. Maybe i will build another sometime and sell it on here for whatever seems fair. I'l also do some sort of write up on it for anyone who wants to build one.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                              1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                              1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

wow mang! good job!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                                X