Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a company that makes complete exhaust kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a company that makes complete exhaust kits?

I've decided that a HO 5.0 needs to go into my Marq. It's too slow as is (sure does like to rip up that one tire though )

Anyway, before I go about doing that I'd like to buy a complete high performance dual exhaust system for it. I cobbled together an exhaust for my Caravan, but it kept hitting the rear axle and it was quite annoying.

As it is, the right side pipe (including cat-con) from the header to the Y pipe where the two cats connect has been replaced. But, on the new pipe there is only one cat. On the left side, with the original piping, there are two cats. Strange. Stupid NAPA crap. Anyway, I'm looking for a good dual exhaust, with or without cats I don't care, to install on this car.

Is there a company that sells such things? I have searched and came up with nothing.
    1988 Mercury Grand Marquis
    Brakestand machine.

As far as I know there are no "hi performance" exhaust kits. There are companies that make OE style Duals like on the towing and Polic packaged cars. as for a better system Off road Mustang H, (s10 maybe?) Mid Pipes, Mufflers of your choice and I beleive the Impala tails are what the guys find the best.
    Resident diesel addict

Comment

Nobody makes a performance kit for the boxes. Custom exhuast with a couple parts from different apps works well. The impala 2.5" are nice, but for most 2.25 is all that is needed, and can be bent my a local shop without any issues.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I guess I'll have to look into that then. Thank you
        Brakestand machine.

Comment

If you're going to swap in a 5.0 HO into your car, then you can add a 2.5" dual exhaust. Mustang headers to a catless h-pipe, then to whatever mufflers you want, then Impala SS tails. Or you can get a 2.25" Mustang exhaust. I don't think the exact exhaust from a Mustang will work, but something similar will.
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Scott gets the credit for this recipe:

Shorty headers
            Mustang off road h-pipe (or regular h-pipe if you have to pass a sniffer)
            Mustang 2.5" mid-pipes
            2.5"x18" extension pipes
            Mufflers of your choice
            '94-'95 Impala front section tailpipes
            Two more 2.5"x18" extension pipes

That'll give you a 2.5" exhaust front to back. It's not exactly a kit, but it works out pretty well.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Thats exactly whats on my car. Works well. Might not be the fanciest, but it works and the price was good. I'd like to weld the extension pieces to the Mustang mids instead of just having them clamped like they are now, but thats a minor thing.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I wish tailpipes would fit around my tires.
                1989 Grand Marquis LS
                flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN
                  Scott gets the credit for this recipe:

Shorty headers
                  Mustang off road h-pipe (or regular h-pipe if you have to pass a sniffer)
                  Mustang 2.5" mid-pipes
                  2.5"x18" extension pipes
                  Mufflers of your choice
                  '94-'95 Impala front section tailpipes
                  Two more 2.5"x18" extension pipes

That'll give you a 2.5" exhaust front to back. It's not exactly a kit, but it works out pretty well.

Does the regular H-Pipe allow Cats?
                  2000 Grand Marquis LS
                  2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
                  1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
                  1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
                  Mercury Owners Group member
                  Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Yes, a regular H-pipe has cats. Or you could have a pair of high flow cats welded onto an off-road h-pipe.
                    -Matt
                    1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Cool, when this stock stuff wears out that's my goal.
                      I have a FORD muffler so I wonder if it's original or dealer replaced, but still looks good.
                      2000 Grand Marquis LS
                      2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
                      1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
                      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
                      Mercury Owners Group member
                      Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

i would just look into a local exhaust shop. i paid about $250 for a complete "true" dual exhaust system. It was all 2" stuff and it looks good custom bent, plus half of the cost was the flowmaster super 40's i put on it.

Comment

What's a good diameter for true duals? I plan on getting rid of the cats.
                          Brakestand machine.

Comment

Originally posted by MarquisMalarky
                            What's a good diameter for true duals? I plan on getting rid of the cats.
                            If you're doing any engine mods, you'll get the most out of it if you use 2.25" or 2.5" pipe.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by 88crwnvc
                              i would just look into a local exhaust shop. i paid about $250 for a complete "true" dual exhaust system. It was all 2" stuff and it looks good custom bent, plus half of the cost was the flowmaster super 40's i put on it.
                              That's a good price for all that.

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

Working...
                              X