Moneypit's 1983 CV Tudor *DUW*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moneypit's 1983 CV Tudor *DUW*

It's high time I put together one of these!

Here she is the day BEFORE I bought her- I met the owner at a gas station to check it out. As soon as I saw it drive up I knew it was meant to be.

Not the greatest, but I saw potential!
    The interior was shot- the seats sagged and leaned, the seat backs were missing, the headline was shredded and the visors were absent. On the plus side, it had a really nice dash pad!

As the story progressed, I gave her a quickie clean-up and installed some new seats. I had a photo session with a buddy's '99 trans am after a wax on a nice day.

Then, as the months went by she sat in the shed as the streets were paved in salt. By the time summer came I already had a great daily driver so I considdered selling the tudor. But, I couldn't bring myself to even advertise it. So, I dinked around with it for a while on weekends, taking it out for a cruise here and there.

THEN... the real work started. I found a set of '88 LTC SS seats first, then came the 18" Bullitts, the big brake conversion I stumbled upon in the U-Pull, and the 2.5" lowering job. It's really coming together, I might say!

Figured I might as well throw in the tunes as well...
    This was one of the first things I did to the car. It was done in a quick and dirty manner in a downtown Minneapolis parking garage. The car had NO stereo when I bought it and I had a bit of free time (yet not enough to make it look nice), so I slapped the system in. It looks crappy so one of these days I plan to rewire it to make it look better.

It's got a 1000w amp powering the 2 12" subs and a 400w amp on the surrounds. It ain't much, but it's better than a stock Chevy Impala sound system.

The big brake swap:
    Mmmm... pile of rusty scap iron... ($74 worth!)

After swapping in the rear wheels:

Before:

Somehwere in the middle of the swap:

After:
    Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 12-10-2006, 10:33 PM.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
    1997 Jeep Cherokee

Moneypit's money pit (1983 CV Tudor) *DUW*

It's high time I put together one of these!

Here she is the day BEFORE I bought her- I met the owner at a gas station to check it out. As soon as I saw it drive up I knew it was meant to be.

Not the greatest, but I saw potential!
    The interior was shot- the seats sagged and leaned, the seat backs were missing, the headline was shredded and the visors were absent. On the plus side, it had a really nice dash pad!

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

As the story progressed, I gave her a quickie clean-up and installed some new seats. I had a photo session with a buddy's '99 trans am after a wax on a nice day.

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Then, as the months went by she sat in the shed as the streets were paved in salt. By the time summer came I already had a great daily driver so I considdered selling the tudor. But, I couldn't bring myself to even advertise it. So, I dinked around with it for a while on weekends, taking it out for a cruise here and there.

THEN... the real work started. I found a set of '88 LTC SS seats first, then came the 18" Bullitts, the big brake conversion I stumbled upon in the U-Pull, and the 2.5" lowering job. It's really coming together, I might say!

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Figured I might as well throw in the tunes as well...
          This was one of the first things I did to the car. It was done in a quick and dirty manner in a downtown Minneapolis parking garage. The car had NO stereo when I bought it and I had a bit of free time (yet not enough to make it look nice), so I slapped the system in. It looks crappy so one of these days I plan to rewire it to make it look better.

It's got a 1000w amp powering the 2 12" subs and a 400w amp on the surrounds. It ain't much, but it's better than a stock Chevy Impala sound system.

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

The big brake swap:
            Mmmm... pile of rusty scap iron... ($74 worth!)

After swapping in the rear wheels:

Before:

Somehwere in the middle of the swap:

After:

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Working...
            X