• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 79BLUES View Post
    I've heard it's a minimum 25 years to be a classic
    Tell us more bout your car!!!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

My 74 Capri is a collecter car' I don't think its a classic car though.
      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88 View Post
        I think it is a pre 79 car. I think.
        forever?

how bout in 2079??? Will classics still be pre-79 then?
        1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
        FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

in pa
          15 yrs old for a classic
          25 yrs old for an antique

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Does a "classic" in PA get any special privileges?
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

yea permanent registration......no emmisions inspection
              cannot be your daily driver

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                yea permanent registration......no emmisions inspection
                cannot be your daily driver
                That would be perfect for me I wont drive the tudor every day...probably once or twice a month.
                YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

I think the years are pretty relative but I'd say the PA standards sound fine for general classifying. The rules are kinda silly to me, I guess they're supposed to help keep the car in good condition, but unless they pay for my paint job then they've got nothing to tell me. They also seem pretty unenforceable but each state could be different. In the end I think we're all going to feel the way we do about our cars regardless of what the requirements are. I'm pretty used to others not understanding why I still keep my car, spend time an money on it like I do. They just don't get it.
                  sigpic
                  1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
                  Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

25 years of age to be an anitque/classic
                    -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                    -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                      how old does a car have to be to be considered a classic?
                      25 years.

Comment

myslef i think theres a state/hobby requirement for a car to be considered a classic and what you think in your head. the 89 honda prelude i got to me is a classic casue its not a popular car, its rare to find htem and its not easy to get parts for it. for a honda i did love hte car. i also think htat the box panthers are the same too. not a whole lot of htem around anymore and most of hte people driving them are over 60. but yea neiher will be a "classic" for a few more years and since theyre not considered a collector car they may not be considerd a classic to many

Comment

Put a VTEC in it!

Oh, and
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by import convert View Post
                            myslef i think theres a state/hobby requirement for a car to be considered a classic and what you think in your head. the 89 honda prelude i got to me is a classic casue its not a popular car, its rare to find htem and its not easy to get parts for it. for a honda i did love hte car. i also think htat the box panthers are the same too. not a whole lot of htem around anymore and most of hte people driving them are over 60. but yea neiher will be a "classic" for a few more years and since theyre not considered a collector car they may not be considerd a classic to many
                            in minnesota anything over 20 years old is eligable for classic/collector plates
                            What happened here?

Comment

i hate how people automatically assume their old pos is suddenly all special when it celebrates its 20th birthday...

thers a kid at school who feels this way about his beat@$$ honday he putts around in

legally, in DE it has to be 25 years old and your only allowed to drive to shows and events and you never have to get it inspected again. its basically how we get away with running a stock car through inspection and taking it home and dropping in some 400hp motor with open headers lol
                              1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

Yeah, I think in NY it's 25, also, if the car had a limited run (lets say only 5000 or so of the whole model), then it could be collectors regardless of age. Then again, I'm just going off the top of my head.
                                The Blue Falcon

Pics located here.

Comment

Working...
                                X