Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And now, a Tale about the Blackened300A.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now, a Tale about the Blackened300A.

We begin our story way back in 2001. I had purchased a issue of Motor trend and while thumbing through the Magazine, I noticed a very small picture of a future Vehicle that Mercury was going to produce with over 300hp and the only available color was going to be black. Its name... The MARAUDER!
    I instantly fell in love with this car and was kinda let down by the fact that a $35K price was going to be attached to this newly found car of my dreams.
    Fast-forward to late 2002.
    I had recieved word from some friends that the local dealership had taken delivery of a 2003 model year Marauder and its sitting in front of their lot. I quickly headed over there and was shown the price tag with a additional $5K added to the sticker!
    I was seriously bent, Not only is the sticker price a bit above my means, Now they strap even more money on top which put the car completely out of reach.
    Fastforward to mid 2003
    I was bummed and turned off to Ford dealerships for what they did to me the year before that I blew them off completely and went ahead, walked into a Chevy Dealership and purchased a 03 Avalanche Z71. I was happy with the truck, never gave me any problems but I also had this need for speed and this truck no matter what mods I put into it, Just didnt Fill the void.
    Fastforward to March of 2005
    I went online that morning as I usually do and one of my friends posted me a link to a Video which happened to be the badass video of a S/Ced Marauder doing a burnout while Enter Sandman played in background.
    Heres a little clip of it....
    Click here to see Video

Well my desire for a Marauder was kicked back in full swing, I figured I could pick up a good used one with low miles and Ill finally have the car I fell in love with 4 years prior!
    I did a online search and found 2 Certified used Marauders in the nearby area, One in NJ was Black, the other in Long Island was silver. After little thought, I called my friend and we trekked to NJ that very Afternoon.
    Later that day...
    We pulled up and there she was parked in front of the dealership. It had just rained the night before so it wasnt in the cleanest condition, but it still filled that void. Within a hour, I had completed the test drive, Made the trade of my truck and filled out the nessesary paper work. I now was the proud owner of a 2003 300A Marauder with only 21K miles and a 5yr warranty!
    FastForward to April of 2005
    I found MercuryMaruader.net and saw the various Mods that people were doing and thats when it all started.
    Tint came first..

Then a Cold Air induction, Pullies, Intake Spacer,180 stat,Denso plugs and a Superchips 1725 tuner.
    This was fine for a while but wasnt enough for me. It wasnt long before I had to go to the next level.

4.10 gears, J-mod and finally strapped my car to the dyno for a SCT tune
    CLICK
    http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...t=DSCN0322.flv
    285RWHP and 309RWTQ were the numbers from those mods.

I also did a number of apperance mods Like the S55 style taillight treatment, SS inserts, a rear spoiler which wasnt available on the early 300A's, and Im one of the first Marauder owners to install a Mustang Mach1 chin spoiler.

Fastforward summer of 2006
    I went farther then I thought I would, I installed a 3K stall torque convertor and a 60MM throttlebody with a carbon fiber intake tube.
    I hit the dyno and my final numbers are 293RWHP and 312RWTQ.

Over the close to 2 years of ownership I have had hardly any problems with this car and I absolutely love driving it. Its everything I always wanted a car to be, Fast, Stylish, Rare, Safe and just BADASS!!

Some Videos..
    Click here to see Video
    Click here to see Video
    Click here to see Video
    Click here to see Video
    Click here to see Video
    Click here to see Video
    Click here to see Video
    Click here to see Video
    Click here to see Video
    Click here to see Video

293 RWHP & 312 RWTQ
    Many Bolt-ons and Dyno Tuning

Badass

That is all I can say.
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Good to see another Marauder on the site. Sweet videos.
      Supercharged '03 Mercury Marauder - SOLD

Comment

That's an awesome Marauder. Have you put on performance mufflers, or are they stock? And what about the brakes, are they stock?
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic
          That's an awesome Marauder. Have you put on performance mufflers, or are they stock? And what about the brakes, are they stock?
          The Mufflers are Cherry Bomb Vortex mufflers with Res-delete tips. The Brakes are cross-drilled and slotted with semi metallic pads. The kit was on ebay, Im personally not too thrilled with the braking power

Thanks for the compliments!

293 RWHP & 312 RWTQ

Comment

well, if you are a member of MM.Net then i am sure you have seen this one before. It used to be nice.
            By the way, nice car and be safe with it.
            Attached Files

Comment

Really, really sad...

Originally posted by clean97
              well, if you are a member of MM.Net then i am sure you have seen this one before. It used to be nice.
              By the way, nice car and be safe with it.
              Heartbraking
              1999 Grand Marquis LS with handling package

Comment

:megadeth: !Woww Mang! very Imprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrr
                rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrr
                rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrresive
                Panther you have mang but most !WAESOME! are the videos I will downloading to put it in my new ipod.

ATT, SNIPER 308.PROUD OWNER OF "MERC-75 INTERCEPTOR"
                MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Originally posted by sniper308
                  :megadeth: !Woww Mang! very Imprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                  rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrresive
                  Panther you have mang but most !WAESOME! are the videos I will downloading to put it in my new ipod.

ATT, SNIPER 308.PROUD OWNER OF "MERC-75 INTERCEPTOR"
                  You're now an official member after recieving the Sniper welcome.
                  Nick
                  88 Colony Park LS
                  G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                  Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon
                    OK took long enough! Once again, Thanks for the compliments!
                    Sorry to see that Marauder totalled like that.

293 RWHP & 312 RWTQ

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon
                      :lol:

It's funny because it's so true!

And welcome to GMN, mang! Your Marauder is sweet!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Howdy mang!
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Now that is one sweet car. It's a shame that Ford quit making them, I have always wanted to own one.

Comment

Those videos are great. I could almost smell the burning rubber!
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I gotta get one....And what happend, did the other one roll 15 times???
                              2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X