This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The family racecar, my 89 Country Squire

Figured I'd do a dedicated thread to the truckster.

Bought bone stock one owner car in June of 2004. Replaced the air filter within a mile of driving it off the lot.
    To pass Maryland safety inspection it needed the drivers side rear shock tighted up and the input shaft seal on the steering box replaced. It also needed the idler arm replaced, a heater core, valve cover gaskets, new front swaybar bushings, and the timing set correctly.

Within 3 weeks it had Mustang Bullitt wheels on it.

At Scottfest 05 I picked up a police rear bar and a 140 speedo.

By the end of July I had a new 1996 Explorer motor waiting to be modified and installed.

September started with the rear axle from my previous crown victoria, a 3.73 traction lock equipped unit. About a week later I threw on an old ass flowmaster muffler onto the stock exhaust.

First autocross was also that month. (I think) Finished 8th from last.

Next couple of months was getting the motor together and installing it. And spending tons of money.

December I finally got the car together and got the exhaust done at Meinike.

Spent a few months attempting to get everything sorted with the motor.

Dropped the car off with Scott June 5th to get big brakes, 02 PI steering box, and transmission. It also got a one of a kind mass air conversion utilizing parts from a Lincoln Mark VIII, 04 Crown Vic Interceptor, and various other panthers. Drove the car home Sept 4th.

Beginning of October I got the alignment straightened out and tossed on a set of cargo coils on the rear. Car crapped out on the way to an autocross.

Been fighting tuning issues since. Finally got the big stuff fixed Dec31th 2006. Sparkplugs.... Go figure. Blew a tire out on the way home from the New Years celebration

Jan 7th 2007, Installed an LPW Girdle and cap stud kit. Deep AOD pan is waiting to go on. Will be getting new tires this week hopefully. Since I spent a bit of time under the car, I looked and though abot what to do with the rear suspension. The car handles incredibly, and will NOT understeer at all. So, I need to make the rear hook better.

Things to do as of now:
    Front speakers
    Hawk Pads
    Rear suspension: LCA's, Panhard, uppers?
    Race tires- Azenis, AVON, of Kumho V700's or victoracers?
    Steering Column: replace damn bearing, Make wheel adapter, Cruise Control
    Power steering cooler
    Install trans pan
    Tires
    Sound deadening
    Rear Shock upgrade
    Squeaks and rattles

That's all I can think of right now.... I'll have to start getting all the pics together tomorrow...
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Pics....
    June 05 Wheel, VC gasket, and PS box seal install

Before Sept 05... 3.73 Traction lock equipped axle install.

July '06 Skippyville

Sept '06

Sept 9th

Beginning of Oct 06 Cargo coil install

Comment

The evening I was top ride on cardomian for a few minutes...

Comment

Damn... nice wagon.
        1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
        1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
        1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

it's quite a machine, i feel honored having wrenched on it

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I've had the pleasure of going around the cul-de-sac in it!

sigpic
            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Awesome wagon Mike. Hopefully i'll get to see it one day in person.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic
                Awesome wagon Mike. Hopefully i'll get to see it one day in person.
                X2
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Is there some reason this hasn't been stickied?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                  1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                  But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

becuase his waggin is teh poopie!!!!!!! duh!!!

Mike would you like this as a spotlight, or an easily updatable readers rides thread???
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Hopefully one day I'll either have the CP or GM sedan clone of it.

Awesome wagon Mike.
                      Nick
                      88 Colony Park LS
                      G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                      Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Congrats on the sticky, mang!

And have I mentioned before how much I admire the work you've done to that thing? Before I saw your car, I never knew a wagon could be made to handle that well...I thought the extra weight would be a handicap.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Just think how well a tudor would handle with those suspension mods.
                          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Guess a spotlight, and I'll copy it/make another thread to make updates.

Jan 19, 2006. new tires...

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/attachme...4&d=1169262205

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic
                              Just think how well a tudor would handle with those suspension mods.
                              Prolly not as well. Wagons have a nice advantage. Damn near 50/50 wieght distribution. The disadvantage is that it's all added wieght.

Comment

Working...
                              X