Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3/25/07 Autocross Pics. Car works pretty well.

Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

4/2/09 Wheel set #5
      Attached Files

Comment

Haven't done much with the car since '08. Axle has been the cause of many headaches and much money spent. Recently I yanked the tru-trac out and tossed it in the scrap pile and slapped in an old junk trac-lok I had sitting around. Picked up a set of 17x9" and 17x10.5" bullitts with Hoosier A6 slicks on them. Been looking at what I need to do to get the rear ride height where I want.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
          HPicked up a set of 17x9" and 17x10.5" bullitts with Hoosier A6 slicks on them.
          are you TRYING to break it again?
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

And now this....
            Click image for larger version

Name:	54256059_10217824651145265_6290768616254078976_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1285377

Comment

Is that the IRS swap you talked about a good while back?
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I was going to say the same thing! I heard about this AGES ago. Way cool is finally getting in there.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yes and no.... Not the same IRS. The old one was a supercoupe IRS. This one is a performance pack S550 Mustang IRS. Massive brakes, super 8.8, torsen diff, 3.73s, few aftermarket parts tossed on there. Also fits like a friggin dream. Perfect fit between the rails, I'm still using the factory driveshaft (an aluminum one) with a different flange. The downers? I have to make a custom fuel tank, and coilovers have to be used.

Comment

How much fabrication did you have to do to get that to mount in there?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Not much at all. Basically some L brackets on the frame for the 4 mounting points. I'll have to make a crossmember for the coilover mounts. Bought a small u joint to large pattern flange for the driveshaft, and used a F150 pinion flange to get the standard 4 bolt flange instead of the CV joint style on the new cars. Fuel tank will need to be made from scratch. I could do the easy thing and throw a fuel cell where the rear seats are, but I want the jump seats-and all that weight out behind the axle isn't good for handling. Plan is to make a tank that goes under the rear seats, similar to BMW, the MN12 chassis, S550 mustang, etc...

Comment

Nice

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                          . Picked up a set of 17x9" and 17x10.5" bullitts
                          Mike,

Do you know the manufacturer & backspace of the 17 X 10s?

What year was the rear that was in it at the time?

Thanks Mang
                          Last edited by mitymerc; 06-10-2019, 02:45 PM. Reason: speeling

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Any chance we could get some detailed pics of how that IRS is installed?

Comment

Hey Mike,

Any idea of the bs on the front wheels?
                              What size tires?
                              Any clearance issues?

Thanks Mang.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Working...
                              X