Pull n' Save, Spokane, WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatNasty
    I didn't look too close but i'm pretty sure it wasn't in good shape. The entire interior was covered in moldy looking stuff, and was a really uglyish yellow color. I'l check again next time if you want though.

I think i will grab the bumper off of the '79 next time i go, probably next monday.
    If it's probably no good and it's yellow, don't bother looking. I'm looking for an '83-'84 in tan really anyway.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Damn! I want fenders with the gills and corner lights...

sigpic
      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

did you grab that bumper mang???

Comment

We got a ton of snow and it got really cold last week, so i wasn't feeling to up to it. I am going to try to go this tuesday and get it.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
          1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
          1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

can I have the air dam thingie ???
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I went and got the bumper today, it certainly isn't in mint condition or anything but i will see how well it cleans up, then decide if i will use it. Was fun getting it home, i had it sticking out the window in the back seat. I'l try to get a pic after i clean it some.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
              1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)

Comment

the bumper off the '79 or the '80?

Comment

'79, the one on the '80 was all screwed up, you cant really tell from the picture though

Comment

sweet, you got any pics of it cleand up?

Comment

Well i didn't clean it up yet but took off the bent up liscence plate holder and got a closer look. There is a scratch right in the middle of the bumper that would be covered up by the plate holder so i'm not worried about that. There is a little dent on the passenger side, about the size of a quarter, but all the chrome is still there. The drivers side has several small scratches with some rust in them. Any good way to fix that? There is a lot of tree sap on it and dirt to clean up, but i think i will eventually use it, just going to need a new plate holder.

Last edited by FatNasty; 11-06-2009, 09:27 AM. Reason: pic url update

Comment

that will look sweet on your car, u put the old style grill in yet??
                        i would use an S.O.S pad then wax it up, and it should look fine.. i relly like the bumper with no rubber gauds,
                        I want one,,,, ohhh well if i keep searching mabie ill find one some day

Comment

Hand-Applied Polishing Compound works great to get the subborn crap off bumpers. Just don't power buff it or you won't have any chrome left!

That '79 bumper is freggin' awesome with the center mount tag. The later ones had it one the side.
                          Last edited by Tiggie; 02-01-2007, 12:27 AM.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

I'm going to put the bumper on this week. I'm hoping the inner bumper support piece in my '84 is the same or at least will fit into the '79 bumper because the '79's is rusty as shit. If it doesn't fit i guess i will have to live with the rusty one, but maybe fix it up. When i was looking at the new bumper i found between the bumper and support a hide-a-key that must have been put there when the car was new, the case was rusted completely shut, and the keys inside were in equally bad shape, i think they were put in when the car was new. Well, i'l be sure and get some pics up when its on.

Comment

Yeah the older ones they didn't even paint the inner bumper. The one on my '82 was super rusty and it's rarely been in the salt. They just never painted it. There was still raw unrusted steel inside the inner bumper. You'll want to put some kind of rust kill on the inside of the outer bumper or you're looking for rust. I documented the restoration of my rear bumper, but the pictures got deleted .

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

OMFG DUDE GET THAT 2-DOOR '79.

You have no fucking clue how bad I want one of those, with the single headlights... my lord...
                                1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                                1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                                1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Working...
                                X