'07 Mustang GT Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrltd
    The problem is the front, it'll more than likely hit the upper control arm. If they will even clear the hubs.

The other wheels are the same, the finish is slightly different. Full polished vs. a polished/as cast.

You would need at least a 1.25" spacer. Nate has marauder wheels on his 85, and those have the same backspacing/offset as the mustang wheels. (IIRC)
    They look like they have a dish on the spokes?

There is a fair bit of room to the control arm, and with a 17", wouldn't the wheel be ABOVE the control arm? I guess its mock-up time and see
    1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

The problem is the front, it'll more than likely hit the upper control arm. If they will even clear the hubs.

The other wheels are the same, the finish is slightly different. Full polished vs. a polished/as cast.

You would need at least a 1.25" spacer. Nate has marauder wheels on his 85, and those have the same backspacing/offset as the mustang wheels. (IIRC)
      OK, now with a spacer as small as 1.25, would I just use long (IHRA/NHRA ) studs and bolt THROUGH the spacer, or are they bolt-on as well?
      1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

On anything more than 1/2" I'd go with the adapter. I'm running 1" adapters on mine to get the bullitts on there.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

they are bolt ons, its called a wheel adapter. Get one with the same bolt pattern 4.5in- 4.5in. They sell ones that will go from 4.5-4 3/4 and ect...

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
          My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis
            they are bolt ons, its called a wheel adapter. Get one with the same bolt pattern 4.5in- 4.5in. They sell ones that will go from 4.5-4 3/4 and ect...
            And these things are safe?

Comment

I've beat the crap out of my car with them on, 1200 mile trips, autocross.....I still would prefer not running them.

Comment

I've beat the crap out of my car with them on, 1200 mile trips, autocross.....I still would prefer not running them.
                What brand are you running?

Comment

hubcentric ones would be ideal because they have a lip and will fit directly on the hub with no play. I had no problems at all with the spacers I got of ebay. I drive pretty spirited too.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                  My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Some ebay ones...I had to replace the studs, they were too short and not 1/2-20. I would have liked to get hubcentric ones, but I didn't see any at the time.

Comment

SO, like these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/35mm-...mZ260074412417

Comment

yup

Comment

Working...
                        X