No announcement yet.

'79 Ford LTD Town Car?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes the Ford LTD Cordoba featuring a Bentley grille. lol. The one thing I noticed was the 4-Wheel disc brakes! Impressive, it took Ford U.S. until the 90's to do that on the Panthers.....
    1998 Mercury Grand Marquis 131k~ true duals, 2nd cat removed, H-pipe, Xcelerator Turbo mufflers, PI Manifold, 180* Tstat, K&N drop-in.
    1985 VW Vanagon 70k~

Comment

Originally posted by DriverSideImpact98 View Post
      Yes the Ford LTD Cordoba featuring a Bentley grille. lol. The one thing I noticed was the 4-Wheel disc brakes! Impressive, it took Ford U.S. until the 90's to do that on the Panthers.....
      Lincoln Continentals had 4-wheel disc brakes in the 70's.

Comment

looks like the front of that puppy will wax a deer and then some... nice!

Comment

Very funky looking
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

4-wheel disk brakes

4-wheel disk brakes back in 1979 -- seems pretty high-tech for back then. I don't think many '79 models in the U.S. had 4-wheel disk brakes, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Refer to my previous post:
              Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
              Lincoln Continentals had 4-wheel disc brakes in the 70's.

They were also the first American car to have an anti-lock brake system, in ~1971.

Comment

And the the Lincoln Mark VII's were first were the first with 4 channel anti-lock brakes, as well as composite headlights.
                sigpic
                1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
                Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

I bought a 79LTD new. Lived in KC then. It was a great car. It had a 302 and C4 tranny. Ran really good, when the' Variable Venturi' carb was working. Ford had a good idea 'for the time', they just never could perfect it. I think the problem was that the diaphram in the venturi got too hot because the EGR valve sat right beside it. I finally put a Holley on it. Ran better but didn't get the good fuel mileage anymore.

Comment

My car definitely does not have 4 wheel disc brakes... Would be nice though. Drum brakes suck to work on.
                    sigpic

Comment

My 76 Mark IV had 4 wheel discs. Granddaddy pimper.

Odd car, this one. Although I like the round chrome bezels around the headlights.

Pete
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Working...
                      X