Headlight/Signal problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight/Signal problems

For some reason now, when I pull my headlights on, all of my headlights come on, including my brights, but weakly for some reason. Also, my right flasher light comes on and stays on. I replaced the flasher with an electronic one and at least I can use the flasher now, but the light still stays on all the time. I know the headlight switch can cause a problems, but replacing it did not help- same problem. Is there a headlight relay that might be bad perhaps? Where is it located if it is?
    Strike steel and call forth sparks.
    Strike a man and call forth fury.
    Whatever you would shape, man or steel,
    Thou must strike with force.

First thing to start checking is grounds. When the grounds on the wiring get iffy, goofy stuff starts happening.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I think your signal/high beam switch might be bad. Does doing anything with it affect whats going on??
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

same thing was happening with one of mine. it is a ground in a fender. mine was doing the same, i would get out and hit the fender by the headlight and it worked fine. my driver side headlight would flash when i had the left signal on. it was weird since it started on halloween. check for grounds since a wire might have come loose or corrosion has built on the wiring.
        Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Nates car does exactly the same thing, right turn blinker indicator comes on, and the parking lights go out when the highs come on. headlight and MF switches have been replaced. Was thinking its a ground problem, will have to check the ground mentioned. Thanks.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
            Nates car does exactly the same thing, right turn blinker indicator comes on, and the parking lights go out when the highs come on. headlight and MF switches have been replaced. Was thinking its a ground problem, will have to check the ground mentioned. Thanks.
            Yea what he said.....
            The Best
            Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

Working...
            X