No announcement yet.

The Flying Brick - 90 CV CS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice project! the wheels make it look really sweet. that was an intense amount of bodywork though. It took me three months to get the bodywork done on my car...can't wait to see the finished project
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Thanks! It is indeed a massive machine to redue the body on.
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

you did HO intake etc right?
        I need to swap mine so I can do the valve covers and air pipe... and get the engine looking nice to go with the fenders.
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yeah HO upper, TB and Valve covers. I left the smog pump for now till I decide to get rid of the AC.

Comment

did you notice any more pep with them????
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Oh yeah, alot more pep.

Comment

Looks awesome! I bet you love driving it around in primer black and all the trim missing. I've been driving around with no interior for the past week or so, it feels like driving.... uncensored.

Comment

Yeah I get alot of looks, most not good. LOL I drove it back to lincoln tonight and from the HO intake and TB I went from 18 MPG to 23 mpg @ 80 mph.

Comment

Ok the roof is done. I just need to block it out. I was in the paintbooth today priming the roof. I have been working on the hail dents, filling roof rack holes and fixing the rust and popped up lead on the front pillers. That fucker is so big the primer surfacer started gelling up before I got all 3 coats on. So that is why it looks so grainy, but I need to block it out anyway so it doesn't matter.

I fixed the hail dents, I counted them up and there were 44. I had to sand off all the dead clear too. I also fixed all the seams where the roof ment the pillars that were leaded. I shaved them down because there is alittle excess on them from the factory so I won't have those little buldges. Anyway here are some pics.

Here is the headliner out, the insulation just fell out and crumbled. I will get some dynamat or something similar to replace it with.

Here is the front pillars that I lucked out on. THANK GOD the rust wasn't through or that would have been a bitch to make a patch for. If you don't remember what it was like I here is a before and after. I took my scratch awl and tapped it and it was solid. It ground right off.

Here is where the lead popped up. I ground it out and filled it will all metal (aluminum filler) then finished it with regular polyester filler.

Before:

Ground out.

All metal filler.

Finished with polyester filler.

Here is the back that I have worked on. All the holes are now filled and filler work has started so it kind of outdated already.

A cool pic I took of the brick in the paintbooth. I love having paintbooths now since were are upstairs.

Primer is on. Gotta block it out tomorrow.

Thanks for looking!

Comment

So when will you be opening up the panther body shop?!??!
                      sigpic

Comment

Looks better everytime Zack. Your never gonna let go of this ride.
                        -Matt
                        1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

I don't know Pete mang. lol

Yeah I won't get rid of it, it will have sentimental value as this will be my first paintjob performed. That and I will never get out of it what I have in it.lol

Comment

nice zack I wish you could paint my door since ricky is locked up right now

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

very nice work, thats going to be a sweet waggin

Comment

I still wish you didn't destroy all the trim... So damn rare. Kinda like decent woody wagons.

Looking good though
                                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                                X