No announcement yet.

Upper Midwest mini-meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info, kellydood, and welcome to GMN! I think most of us are interested in doing a little drag racing, and I personally would much prefer a 1/4 mile track, but if there isn't a good one immediately available, an 1/8 mile would be good too. We'll have to work out those details when the time comes.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

We could rotate states every year, make this a yearly thing?

Click my sig pic.

Comment

Anything new on this yet????
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

whatbout northwest peaples?
          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
            Anything new on this yet????
            Just gotta figure out for sure when people are gonna be available...and it's looking like you and Justin won't necessarily be available at the same time. So at this point, there isn't much to tell you.

Originally posted by capridrifter
            whatbout northwest peaples?
            Start your own thread, silly! :p

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Here are the schedules for two tracks in the area .... Oahe Speedway .... Interstate Dragway

Nothing is a short drive in the Midwest.

Comment

We need to get a Saturday thing together. Something that people can get to by late Friday night (assuming people work "normal-ish" day hours) and we can do a Saturday meet. Maybe do a Sunday breakfast together, then split up. That gives people time to get home on Sunday afternoon. We don't need to hit a track, but we should have something to attend or view (car show?).

I'm up for it and could drive as far as six hours out if I can make a short Friday at work. I guess I could make the twin cities in that time. We need to do something and possibly before SF. The CV wants a road trip. Keep in mind, I'm up for it as long as I'm financially able ... which is always questionable.

I prefer something out of the big cities, though. Less risk the car is put in, the better.
                Last edited by monterey1962; 04-11-2007, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't be able to do anything on a Friday evening since I'll most likely be working second shift this summer, but certainly a Saturday thing would work great. I'd even be willing to host people at my house if that works. I'm about 20 miles northwest of Minneapolis, so I'm out of the big city but still not unreasonably far from stuff.

The thing I don't know is what we'd DO. I don't know of many car shows or stuff of that kind near me...though come to think of it, there is an antique car museum not too far from my place (oddly enough I've never been there ) if that would interest anyone.

Comment

What about a scenic drive? Any routes to do a one hour cruise in your area? State parks?

We'll need a "decent" turn-out to make puttin' something together worth-while. Do all the Mid-west members even check this part of the forum?

Comment

I sent out a PM to all the midwest members I could think of a while back, but I only got a couple responses.

As far as a scenic drive, I'd have to ask my parents what they know about, but I'm fairly certain there'd be something. We're out in the country for goodness sakes!

Parks we've got pretty close by.

I'm heading into the chat, so if you want to discuss this more, we can do it there....maybe post a quick summary of anything we decide/figure out in this thread.

Comment

I can ask my uncle what car shows are on for that time of year. He knows all the shows in the twin city area. If not every friday and saturday there are always a shit ton of cars showing and crusing the porkys in downtown minnieapolis. I have done that several times, fun as hell. Alot of ricers get in trouble and that is always fun to watch.

If we went to the strip I wouldn't run cause the cv is a slow POS plus I would probably blow it up.
                        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

i wouldnt mind going as long as i knew a date for the event. are any canadians gonna be able to make the meet since it is close to them? just thought i would ask. hopefully i can see if i can make it, maybe get a small convoy from here to make it. Aramilx, Zwack, and myself.
                          Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

what can't i go?
                            RIP DENNIS BARTLETT 1-13-2009

Comment

All are welcome to come! Spread the word among the forums far and wide...at least after we get some details nailed down a little better.

Comment

i wouldnt mind going as long as i knew a date for the event. are any canadians gonna be able to make the meet since it is close to them? just thought i would ask. hopefully i can see if i can make it, maybe get a small convoy from here to make it. Aramilx, Zwack, and myself.
                                im diffinetly down but i cant drive, i dont have a permit yet and my car is unregistered. ill be getting a job soon so ill be able to get both of those taken care. aslong as my dad would let me.

Comment

Working...
                                X