Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job... I just wish there were some pictures of police cars; not too many brochures with cop car pics though.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Odd, as I've heard of OE Holleys on LTDs before. I'll have to get you some more shots of this one - it's got an ancient Ford sticker and, as I recall, a factory-style ID tag.

Don't think I've ever seen vents like that. Isn't that particular car an '89?
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
        Odd, as I've heard of OE Holleys on LTDs before. I'll have to get you some more shots of this one - it's got an ancient Ford sticker and, as I recall, a factory-style ID tag.

Don't think I've ever seen vents like that. Isn't that particular car an '89?
        I guess it is possible it came with a Holley. Never say never with Ford Motor Company .

Those vents are from my '88 wagon. My old '87 CV with an 4/87 build date (now LTDMan83's) also had the crosshatched vents (they were black to go with the Pre-'88 style dash trim).

I'd gladly add some police pics if I had any that were good factory photos. There are some police/fleet broshures around. I have one picture of an '82 LTD Police Demonstrator (and it's got four headlights unlike an S-model should), I just haven't scanned it yet.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

What was the trim level on your '87 Vic?
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
            What was the trim level on your '87 Vic?
            Twas an LX

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

In the history, it mentions aluminum bumpers for Wagons. Do these look the same as for the 4-doors of corresponding years?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                In the history, it mentions aluminum bumpers for Wagons. Do these look the same as for the 4-doors of corresponding years?
                The front ones, yes. If you can find one. Not all wagons I've seen have them, even in the year range specified. The rear bumpers don't look the same.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

allright thanks. My bumpers (especially the front) have some dents and even flaking chrome starting to rust. This sounds like a nice way to not ever have to worry about rust while also dropping a few pounds off the very front of a front-heavy car.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

Comment

non aod 81 ltd

is this a canadian thing?

this is sort of a cross post but i thought the question might be relevant for the box history

please excuse if i missed something somewhere
                    Attached Files

Comment

is what a canadian thing? The KMH being on top of the speedo is.

Comment

in Tiggie's box history the aod transmission is mentioned as being standard across the board in '81

my '81 owners manual shows two options - a non aod prndr21 and an aod prnd31

i shoulda' proofed that post better

Comment

i think hes talking about the wierd numbers, the KPH goes up hire than usual, and the mph isnt labeled all the way, plus the random gold line
                          Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                          New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by 81ltd View Post
                            is this a canadian thing?

this is sort of a cross post but i thought the question might be relevant for the box history

please excuse if i missed something somewhere
                            Yes, metric speedometers were installed in all cars bound for anywhere but the United States. That includes Canada, Mexico, South America, everywhere but the US.

Originally posted by 81ltd View Post
                            in Tiggie's box history the aod transmission is mentioned as being standard across the board in '81

my '81 owners manual shows two options - a non aod prndr21 and an aod prnd31

i shoulda' proofed that post better
                            Does your '81 have a FMX tranny? Or is it an AOD? I went back and researched a little. It specifically says the AOD was standard with the 255, but it doesn't mention the 302 or 351. Could be that those were available with other transmissions like the FMX... Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

it prolly has a C4 tranny like my '81. i never seen a box panther with an FMX.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                                Earlier Vents:
                                What year car was this? I haven't seen a tripminder with the silver square around it, but i cant tell if that is the tripminder itself or the trim.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                                1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                                1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Working...
                                X