Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have factory brochures for the 86 and 89 Mercury Grand Marquis so if you need any info from them I can post it for you.

Not sure you want to add this but, the brochure for the 86 shows that the “Trailer-Towing package” comes with a “3.27:1 rear-axle ratio” and the brochure for the 89 shows that the “Trailer Tow III Option” comes with a “3.55:1 Traction-Lok axle”.

Comment

I need a scanner, I have every brochure for '79-'91 CV and GMQ. Only a couple TC ones tho
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Nice one Ben!,Definatly a good writeup.Had to save that one in my archives.

Comment

Here is a PDF for all to view.

Once a final product is created, let me know and I will make it a PDF and possibly make it a web page.

Excellant work by the way.
          Attached Files
          2000 Grand Marquis LS
          2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
          1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
          1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
          Mercury Owners Group member
          Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

marquisman, what years was the Pucci package available? I remember the name, just not the years.

Overkill, I got the pictures, they are great!
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman
              what about the pucci designer series mark VI?lol, not many people remember that one
              There are four designer series of mark vi in 1980 model year:

Emilio Pucci
              Bill Blass
              Cartier
              Givenchy

And lastly, Signature Series is a new name for 1980, that was carry-over from 1979 Collector's Series of Mark V and 1978 Diamond Jubilee Edition of Mark V.

But just beware, dont get confused with 1981 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series, that was different from 1980 and 1981 Mark VI Signature Series. Because '80-'81 Mark VI Signature Series does have speical features, that where carry-over from collectors series and diamond jubilee.

Jason
              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
              1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
              1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Originally posted by Dave84
                i wish i could read it but my word pad keeps saying illeagle operation and closing before it even opends
                What do you expect to happen when using MicroSloth products?

Originally posted by Tiggie
                The book said C6. Anyone got an early car and want to crawl under there and see if it sports a C4, C6, or FMX?
                My '79 was most certainly equipped with a C4 when I got it, and I have no reason to think it wasn't original.
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 89mercury
                  I have factory brochures for the 86 and 89 Mercury Grand Marquis so if you need any info from them I can post it for you.

Not sure you want to add this but, the brochure for the 86 shows that the “Trailer-Towing package” comes with a “3.27:1 rear-axle ratio” and the brochure for the 89 shows that the “Trailer Tow III Option” comes with a “3.55:1 Traction-Lok axle”.
                  My '87 brochure said there was the Medium Duty towing package (Class-II) with no axle ratio mentioned, and the Heavy Duty (Class-III) with 3.55's. My '82 brochure mentions only the Medium Duty one, which my car has, and it came with the standard 3.08 rear axle. The towing package really changed from year to year. Maybe we can fill in the gaps from what the factory brochures say? Project for Boxman?

I'm still really busy and haven't had time to update it again, but after these next two days things should calm down.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Nice!
                    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Chances are I'll have some time to work on this project this weekend.

Someone around here has to know when roller blocks first appeared in Panthers. Anyone? I'm gonna put 1986 if no one has an objection.

And the two-tone, I'm going to put that it was available at least to 1988.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

I think '86 is right for the roller blocks. I'm told '86 is when Mustangs got roller cams, so I'd assume it was the same for lopos.

Also, I don't know if you're a member over at Fordforums.com or not, but they have a sticky in their Crown Vic section with Panther history info in it, and I think your history would be a welcome and helpful addition.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

My 89 TC is two-tone.........
                          1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN
                            I think '86 is right for the roller blocks. I'm told '86 is when Mustangs got roller cams, so I'd assume it was the same for lopos.
                            I'm pretty sure it was '85, but you might want to double-check.
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

i have the ford factory manualls and VIN decoding for 81

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman
                                i have the ford factory manualls and VIN decoding for 81
                                That brings up another good idea. Maybe we could come up with a complete decoder for these cars using factory service manuals. I've got '82 covered. Unfortunatly I can't read my data sticker.

So two-tone up to '89 at least.

Duce, you have an late-'85. Did it have a roller block originally?

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Working...
                                X