X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want them,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman
      jus PM panther7t9 i cant remember where they are, hes got some good connections!
      ya i have been talking to him about that

Comment

What years and/or option packages had the "gills" in the fenders, anyway? I don't think I've seen any on the street in a few years.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman
          this is panther7t9's cardomain for all the lost panthers, and has pics of what i belive to be a 79 merc clone from a 85 merc...
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2585822

this is his 79 merc
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2570255

and his 81 wagon that i almost bought before him
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2569385

we need to get this guy to join.
          He has the passion of the box!!!
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

What years and/or option packages had the "gills" in the fenders, anyway? I don't think I've seen any on the street in a few years.

'79-'81 Grand Marquis and '80-'83? Mark VI
            Last edited by boXman; 03-08-2007, 02:59 AM.
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

he has joined but is never here

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Brief History of the early mercs, 1979 t0 1980 mercury all models had the louver trim in the fenders while all 81 models except for the colony park. 1979 had a louver on the c pillar. 79 80 and 81 all had different bumpers 79 had the grills withe the center mount plate bracket while 80 had it mounted on the left. both 79 and 80 has a concave curve to the bumper below the trim. 1981 has the grille cutouts but has the square bumper with the left mount plate bracket. 82 to 87 hat the common bumper. Hope this info helps you to identify some early mercs

Comment

Originally posted by panther7t9
                  Brief History of the early mercs, 1979 t0 1980 mercury all models had the louver trim in the fenders while all 81 models except for the colony park. 1979 had a louver on the c pillar. 79 80 and 81 all had different bumpers 79 had the grills withe the center mount plate bracket while 80 had it mounted on the left. both 79 and 80 has a concave curve to the bumper below the trim. 1981 has the grille cutouts but has the square bumper with the left mount plate bracket. 82 to 87 hat the common bumper. Hope this info helps you to identify some early mercs

I added this information to the Offical Box History (see 5.0/5.8 Tech section). While I haven't posted a new copy in a while, please take some time to look it over if you haven't already. I am fairly familar with the Fords, but the Mercurys and Lincolns sometimes got looked over.
                  1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                  1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                  Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                  Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

tiggie, u ever got questions about the earlier mercs i am your source...cool that u posted that

Comment

Working...
                    X