This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{CARB-SWAP}All chromed up & nowhere to go

Got the chrome Valve Covers on. It was a bitch to get all the old cork gasket material off of the heads, but I got it done. The V/C's are by Spectre Performance, and cost $39.99 at Partsamerica.com.

I still have to wrap all the wiring up, to get it all neat and nice. The 2150 2BBl fit nice on the intake, with no problems whatsoever.

I got done removing the old bracket that holds the EEC coil on. It looks less cluttered now between the alt. and the Valve Cover. I also located the new coil over to the driver side.

Old school distributor-I used a 1974 Ford F-100 Points distributor. It works really well.

All the chrome shit I got is by Spectre Performance. I am happy with the quality of the chrome plating, it looks really nice.

Anyway, the swap is completely done, and I am happy with it.
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

awsome man!
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

looks great man. i think when i can afford it, i'm gonna join the motorcraft 2150 crowd
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

2bbl wussies :banana: :slug:

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
          '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
          '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Let us not forget who installed ur carb, justin :smirk:

Comment

4bbl for me, and Ive got aluminum finned valve covers. :dance: But the 2bbl is on there now.
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I hate chrome! Shows ANYTHING!!! Even a fingerprint!!! I prefer powder coating to chrome. But I must admit that looks really nice!!!
                2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

2bbls rawk! looks good jon

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Nothing quite like the sound of a 4 bbl and a flipped air cleaner lid tho.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Looks good Jon!

Comment

*sobbing*

They know my name! They REALLY know it!

Really though, thanks guys. It was a real pain in the ass, and I have to thank Tom and Scott for helping me out with the shit I couldnd't figure out.

Thanks dudes! If there is anyone I forgot to mention, don't feel bad, cuz I thank you too!!!!
                        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Four barrels...

Thats it.. when I get to the engine compartment on the "four door Mustang".. (The LTD) it is gettin Four Barrels!!! (got to go with the Ford intake and carb, so it will look stock), but it will preform alot better than the CFI!!! Tom, you up for another install???? Tom....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
                          Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Always up for another install

Im the carb swap guru

Comment

well come upo to new hampshire and lets throw a carb on christine
                              Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Working...
                              X