Dcc Fan Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dcc Fan Controller

Whats do you guys think about this company and there fan controllers? I hear they are the best. Kinda of pricey but I dont mind paying for good quality..I done heard a few stories about the hayden?imperial ones and others that autozone carry. I will be ordering one tomorrow so I just wanna get the best I can buy. also I will be hooking it to one of the Mark VIII fans....The FK-60 will be the one i probaly get because of it being rated for 60 amp....

http://www.dccontrol.com/fk60.htm

http://www.dccontrol.com/
    The Best
    Past and Present Any Questions...................

variable speed controllers are nice, they can adjust the fan speed to keep it more stable temp instead of the on/off controllers which allow a temperature swing. I just wired up a cheapie Hayden one, and it works but sometime I'd not mind upgrading to something fully variable like that.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
      variable speed controllers are nice, they can adjust the fan speed to keep it more stable temp instead of the on/off controllers which allow a temperature swing. I just wired up a cheapie Hayden one, and it works but sometime I'd not mind upgrading to something fully variable like that.
      After checking up on that company DCControl they take to long to ship and a few guys never got there items but did get credited back the money. I think I will get either a hayden or one by a company called Derale from summit. Which hayden model do you recommend for my application?
      The Best

Comment

For those who dont wanna look for a fan at the yards check this guy out on Corral...He sells the Mark VIII fans with mounting tabs...Looks like lil pieces off a relay to me lol..

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthr...fan+controller
        The Best

Comment

I got the adjustable. Its rated at like 15 amps but since I'm using a relay, that wasn't of much concern for me. Relays use tiny amounts of power. I haven't tuned it yet to set the kick on/off points. I'd prefer one with a wet sensor but I can't find one. The one I have uses the little silver probe near the radiator. The relay I'm using is some random Ford relay from a fuse box in the junkyard. its the standard Bosch type power relay, same pinout but this one has a Ford logo on it. I should also mention that you'll need a diode to tie into the AC compressor so that when the fan kicks on, it doesn't turn on your AC too. Stripe side of the diode goes toward the relay.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Its all hooked up everything working great....My kit came with a 25amp fuse on the output wire going to the fan motor. The fuse kept blowing so I tried a 30 amp and no luck. I went and got a 40 amp circuit breaker and that did the trick. I didnt get a chance to hook up the A/C wire to the compressor but that can wait do it tomorrow sometime. I have a 3 core radiator so i had to put a lil wedge inbetween the radiator brackets to give the water pump pulley bolts a lil room so they can turn and not hit the middle of the motor. Besides that im good to go.
            The Best

Comment

Originally posted by NATEHAWK
              Whats do you guys think about this company and there fan controllers?[/url]
              This is what I bought, and I like it a lot. As an Electrical Engineer, I appreciated the design/function.

One of my attractions was the "soft start" for the fan, there is not huge inrush of current that occurs with a relay.

In addition, the fan never needs to pull full current to do the job. The benefit? - A 3G alternator becomes an option, and not a requirement. I have a 100A factory alternator, so I was not concerned, but from what I've seen, from what I've read, and how much my fan really runs, I doubt that anybody would NEED an alternator upgrade if this controller was used.

My two cents - your experience (and opinion) will undoubtedly vary.

HO with Explorer Cam, Electric Fan, Cop Sway Bars, Dual exhaust with no mufflers, 15x7" American Racing; 215/70R15's front, 255/60R15's rear, 3.55's with Trak-Lok.

Comment

Originally posted by 89GrandMarquis
                This is what I bought, and I like it a lot. As an Electrical Engineer, I appreciated the design/function.

One of my attractions was the "soft start" for the fan, there is not huge inrush of current that occurs with a relay.

In addition, the fan never needs to pull full current to do the job. The benefit? - A 3G alternator becomes an option, and not a requirement. I have a 100A factory alternator, so I was not concerned, but from what I've seen, from what I've read, and how much my fan really runs, I doubt that anybody would NEED an alternator upgrade if this controller was used.

My two cents - your experience (and opinion) will undoubtedly vary.
                I went wit a hayden one for now...How long did it take you to get it?
                The Best

Comment

How long have you had your DCC controller? I like the features they offer but I'm always concerned about reliability. I'd really hate to install something thats got a lot of nice whiz-bang functions, but is going to give me trouble and will be expensive to replace. If yours has been good and no issues to report, I might consider one someday. That startup surge really does suck. I pegged out the meter on my 35 amp power supply testing the Crown Vic fan I was going to use for this. I don't imagine the Mark VIII fan has any less of a surge.

Comment

No, if anything the Mark VIII fan would be worse.

A buddy of mine has the DCC, I'll be getting one as well, as soon as funds will allow and the Capri is done I've gotta stop spending money on the box and work on getting the Capri back on the road!!
                    1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Working...
                    X