No announcement yet.

Mustang rims and Eibach spacers install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is Dave gonna need 1" spacers in order for the wheels not to rub, or more than that?
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I guess they will work with small enough tires, and not so hard turning. It's not good for stability either, since you now have a narrower track width.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
        Could you provide a link or something? I'm interested in the diameter or our hubs.
        The 90.4.30.005.3, are listed as having a 70.5mm hub centre. The rears fit perfectly. I found the front hubs were too "long" to use them correctly in stock form, the "lip" that is on them, catches on the hub. I took them into the local machine shop and they removed a few thou off of them, basically eliminating the lip and so they would slide up the hub and seat like they were supposed to. I did use four of the same on all for wheels. There is no specific listing for Crown Victoria/GM/TC on their site, so the ones I bought were for a 94 Mustang.

http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe...81099800001334

It cost me a whopping 20 bucks to have the insides of the front ones trimmed on a lathe, so I wasn't too concerned.
        1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic
          What size are those SN95 rims? They look great on the TC.
          They are 16".
          1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Those look great man, I never thought of putting that style of wheel on a box. Hrmm...
            Nick
            88 Colony Park LS
            G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by OVERKILL
              The 90.4.30.005.3, are listed as having a 70.5mm hub centre. The rears fit perfectly. I found the front hubs were too "long" to use them correctly in stock form, the "lip" that is on them, catches on the hub. I took them into the local machine shop and they removed a few thou off of them, basically eliminating the lip and so they would slide up the hub and seat like they were supposed to. I did use four of the same on all for wheels. There is no specific listing for Crown Victoria/GM/TC on their site, so the ones I bought were for a 94 Mustang.

It cost me a whopping 20 bucks to have the insides of the front ones trimmed on a lathe, so I wasn't too concerned.

That was one of the problems that I had with the 2003 Cobra rims that I was originally going to install on my ma's CV. I wasn't too sure about sending them out to a shop to have the center bores shaved. I sorta like the 94 Mustang rims, but I like your idea of putting the Cobra R rims on for the summer better. If you don't have pics of the Cobra Rs, try and get some, I'd like to see that.
              Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman
                That was one of the problems that I had with the 2003 Cobra rims that I was originally going to install on my ma's CV. I wasn't too sure about sending them out to a shop to have the center bores shaved. I sorta like the 94 Mustang rims, but I like your idea of putting the Cobra R rims on for the summer better. If you don't have pics of the Cobra Rs, try and get some, I'd like to see that.
                Packman
                I just went and looked at the rims yesterday, they are friggin' MINT, I'll definitely get some pics up. They are 9" wide though too........... I'm thinking the car is going to look like it's rolling on steam rollers......... What is a good size tire for a 9" rim, a 235 or maybe a 255? I don't want rubbing up front, and I have about 1" of clearance right now with the 215's on the 7 (or 7.5?) Mustang wheels, but I know the Cobra wheels should stick out about the same, they'll just go back inside further, which should be fine with the 30mm spacer there now. Maybe I'll fit one up on the front and see what I have clearance-wise to see what I'm working with. I think the wide 17's, especially with the way the car sits with the police suspension (it's relatively low as you can see) will look pretty nice.............

Comment

For a 9" LOL, 235 wouldn't even begin to fill in. 255/45 would be idle with most tires. 265/45 or 265/40 would be perfect but no one makes a 265 tire.

Go to TireRack.com, when ever you look at a tire go to the spec section on the tires. If will tell you the rid width range for each tire. You want to be in the middle of the range, or equal to that "measure rim width" but anywhere in the range is good according to the tire manufacturer.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/types/tiretype.jsp

As for the rubbing depends on your setup. You have a 30mm spacer using a 27mm offset wheel. So the wheels are going to be a little bit on the outside, but not much. A test fit will tell the tail.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 03-21-2007, 02:10 AM.

Comment

For a 9" LOL, 235 wouldn't even begin to fill in. 255/45 would be idle with most tires. 265/45 or 265/40 would be perfect but no one makes a 265 tire.

Go to TireRack.com, when ever you look at a tire go to the spec section on the tires. If will tell you the rid width range for each tire. You want to be in the middle of the range, or equal to that "measure rim width" but anywhere in the range is good according to the tire manufacturer.

As for the rubbing depends on your setup. You have a 30mm spacer using a 27mm offset wheel. So the wheels are going to be a little bit on the outside, but not much. A test fit will tell the tail.
                    I was thinking Michelin Pilots but damn they are expensive. My sister has a set on her 535, and they are like epoxy.

Comment

Whadya think of these:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.j...e1=yes&place=2

They are 816 revs/mile as opposed to 776 for the stockers, which isn't a huge deviation..... shouldn't make much of a difference on the speedo............ If they had a 45 instead of a 40, it would be perfect.........

Comment

OK, these are MUCH closer:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.j...e1=yes&place=3
                        Just hoping they will fit in the front wheel wells. The backs aren't an issue.........at all.

Comment

Yeah, the front end is a question on those. A question I myself will be dealing with soon. I would suggest 255/45. They look proper on a panther. Plus 285 is going to have a lot of flex in the front since you are at the lower limit of it's wheel width range. If you want to see pics of 255s on a panther, my rear tires a 255.

Comment

255/50/17 is the ideal size. Same diameter as the stock 15's. Nice and wide. made for 9" wheels. Also the stock size on Impala SS's. Haha!

I'm running BFG Traction T/A KDWS, there are much less expensive tires in that size though.

I'll be running 275/40/17's this weekend on my cobra wheels.
                            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X