No announcement yet.

idea for guys taking wood panel off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is really interesting thread. The car in the first post is my marquis I did not removed the wood panels by myself, the previous owner did. I would say that maybe I would prefer the original look, but the black color is not bad at all.
    sigpic

Comment

i'd like to do a sky blue base color with a tequila sunrise where the woodgrain should be, topped by shiney new chrome trim...naybe next year...
      '88 Colony Park, white with wood grain contact paper, K code axle, hose pliers on heater hoses, factory duals, big plans in the future...

'83 Toyota 4x4, 31x10.50 15, could use a new carb, custom humidifying holes in the roof, mud based paint...

Comment

Dear Panthers,
        I removed my woodgrain 200 k ago for two reasons. (a) it reminded me of cheap shelf paper and (b) in case of accident or rust, paint was easier to repair than vinyl. Since removed I've killed three deer. During the repairs I had the rust spots touched up. Would have been harder to do with vinyl.
        Donald
        1989 CP Scottified steering, suspension and big brakes, 16 in wheels, A-pillar oil & temp gauges, remote entry, backup sensor, tailgate wiper, custom console & trash, tranny & ps coolers, 3 cell radiator, electric fan, dual exhausts, battery isolator, hellas headlights,deer pusher,wads of dog hair.

Comment

i'm tearing off the vinyl when i have time, i think it looks cheesey. the trim i dunno. i have about 3/4 of it intact so i may or may not keep it. if i keep it i'll do the tequila sunrise theme but if i don't i'll be more creative
          '88 Colony Park, white with wood grain contact paper, K code axle, hose pliers on heater hoses, factory duals, big plans in the future...

'83 Toyota 4x4, 31x10.50 15, could use a new carb, custom humidifying holes in the roof, mud based paint...

Comment

You'll need a heat gun and infinite patience to get it off. Unfun.
            Donald McCaig
            1989 CP Scottified steering, suspension and big brakes, 16 in wheels, A-pillar oil & temp gauges, remote entry, backup sensor, tailgate wiper, custom console & trash, tranny & ps coolers, 3 cell radiator, electric fan, dual exhausts, battery isolator, hellas headlights,deer pusher,wads of dog hair.

Comment

Working...
            X