4.6 vs 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93 Marquis
    I'm feeling lots of "Stock HP" envy here.

Then again when was the last time Ford built a motor to it's full potential.
    1970429 Car Kaft Nascar.

511 built. non known to exist.
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Marquis
      "reliable and durable"

If you take care of the engine properly then either one will give you 200k miles of happy motoring.
      Yea, and my Detroit 60/Cat C15/Cummins ISX will out last any of them!!!
      Give me a real diesel anyday over a friggin gas engine!!!

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
        I've seen plenty of beat ass 5.0's with rods knocking still driving, but I also see alot of high mi 4.6 running just fine. I dunno, but my towny will prolly take alot of the boxes out there just fine :guns: And look good while doin it.
        Suck my weenie! :slug:

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
          Originally posted by grandpaslincoln
          I don't know if the 67 mustang ever came with the 302. Do you know of one that does?
          As far as I know, the 302 was first introduced in 68, but it coulda been put in a few 67's first.
          I have never seen a 302 in a 1967 production year Mustang. 1968 was the first year of production and the only year of a 302 4V until 1983. Even the Shelby got a 302 4V in the GT-350 for 1968. What a dissapointment compared to the HiPo 289 from the 2 previous years. The 1969-1970 Shelby GT-350 351W 4V wasn't much to brag about either.
          I saw a 2V 302 in a stock 67 1/2 at a show in Orlando back in 1993. I guess they ran out of 289's and dropped the 302 into it.

Comment

Originally posted by blazingstang
            1970429 Car Kaft Nascar.

511 built. non known to exist.
            Whatchyu talkin' about Willis?

Kar Kraft did not build Boss 429 motors but they did put the Boss 429 motors in the production cars, and there are 1970 Boss 429 Mustangs around.

Comment

I saw a 2V 302 in a stock 67 1/2 at a show in Orlando back in 1993. I guess they ran out of 289's and dropped the 302 into it.
              Did you check the VIN number and production date?

Comment

According to the 70 shop manual he engine in the Kar Kraft was a NASCAR 429 not a Boss. Yes There are Boss 429 still around but none of the NASCAR 429 are known to exist.

The data plate said 289, but the broadcast sheet stated a 302, so figure that one out.

Comment

i had a 68 torino with a 289

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

According to the 70 shop manual he engine in the Kar Kraft was a NASCAR 429 not a Boss. Yes There are Boss 429 still around but none of the NASCAR 429 are known to exist..
                    I don't know what "Shop manual" you have, but you are way off. Are you actually quoting this from something you found in print?

There is no difference between the production "Nascar 429" and Boss 429, they are the same engine. There was no such car called a Kar Kraft. Each Boss 429 Mustang came with a KK sticker placed on the inside of the driver's door above the Ford Warranty Plate which signified Kar Kraft's production number. The first Boss 429 was numbered "KK NASCAR 1201" .
                    The Boss 429 engines used in actual Nascar racing had a few mods different than the production Boss 429. There was some variance in the Boss 429 Engines from start to finish of production, but they were all Boss 429's.

Comment

"including all 351 (352) motors and the 400."

Actually if i remember correctly, the 352 shares a block with the 360 and 390 engines. My uncle actually has a project 68 F100 with a 352 engine and 390 heads on it.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                        Actually if i remember correctly, the 352 shares a block with the 360 and 390 engines. My uncle actually has a project 68 F100 with a 352 engine and 390 heads on it.
                        Yes.........the 352 is an FE engine. A was alluding to the fact that all of Ford's 351 motors actually diaplace 352 cubic inches. The Ford 352 FE motor shares a 4" bore and 3.5" stroke with the 351W, 351M and 351C motors.
                        The 360 actually literally shares a block with the 390. Both have a 4.05" bore. The 360 shares a 3.5" stroke with the 352.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
                          According to the 70 shop manual he engine in the Kar Kraft was a NASCAR 429 not a Boss. Yes There are Boss 429 still around but none of the NASCAR 429 are known to exist..
                          I don't know what "Shop manual" you have, but you are way off. Are you actually quoting this from something you found in print?

There is no difference between the production "Nascar 429" and Boss 429, they are the same engine. There was no such car called a Kar Kraft. Each Boss 429 Mustang came with a KK sticker placed on the inside of the driver's door above the Ford Warranty Plate which signified Kar Kraft's production number. The first Boss 429 was numbered "KK NASCAR 1201" .
                          The Boss 429 engines used in actual Nascar racing had a few mods different than the production Boss 429. There was some variance in the Boss 429 Engines from start to finish of production, but they were all Boss 429's.
                          1970 Car Shop Manual Vol 2 Engines
                          And you are correct, there is a notation of the Boss and he NASCAR as being the same. So I am teh :asshat:

Comment

LOL!! Stock HP envy? I think not, you may have more paper power, but when the rubber hits the road "There just aint no substitute for cubic inches!" No torque in that 4.6. Now, the 3 valve 4.6 is a lot better. But stock in the new Vics, all you are feeling when you go is a well geared tranny. Not to mention, throw a 4.6 in an 86 Vic and watch it cry for mercy under the weight of some real steel! The 4.6 is not the worst thing they have ever done because it does get the car from point A to point B with great miellage for a V8(my dad got 28mpg in a 92 Vic), but I'll get there first. :banana:

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                              "There just aint no substitute for cubic inches!"
                              That's "No replacement for displacement."

613 cid 10L V8

Comment

No, that is a different saying, what I said was correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X