My First Car Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 88MercWagon View Post
    Nice Olds Tiggie, can't wait to see it get fixed up.

You'll be waiting a while . Plans include it sitting in the garage for the next few years in it's current state. I picked up an NOS rear bumper for it the other day though. $25 :banana:
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Possible thread resurrection. I ordered a free parts catalog for the 76 Cutlass today.

I am bored and have lots to do (hmmm). This car has been waiting a LONG time and I think this would be more fun than all that other stuff I need to do. #winterproject. Estimated completion 2027 (twenty years after thread start date)?

Dad is bored too. He hates winter. Coming up on losing mom one year ago in October. She never got to see her car fixed. I think it's time dad and I finally did our father son project and make this happen as way to remember her and beat the blues.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

I love the winter. No bugs and if you work up a sweat- stand around for a minute or two and you're cool again. Plus, wood stoves, hot cocoa, movie marathons and other marathons..

I think my first ride was in my dad's '77 T-bird.

Can't believe someone called an 80's Honda a quality automobile lol. As 88Vic said, I'd have rather rode in that '88 Voyager.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Nice! I missed this thread. Enjoy this restoration for a week or two after completion; then Barrett Jackson it.

Comment

That thing is actually, somehow cool. I've actually never seen one before.. Having so much sentimental value will make it all the more rewarding to fix up! I hope to see some future updates (that are fewer than 14 years apart )
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Oh whoa, I didn't even see the first page. That is cool, did not know you could get one of those with three pedals. My buddy had one with the 260 V8, was an auto though. Said it was dismal. So umm, 87_crown_vic's avatar, is that.. Britney Spears? Thread goes back quite a way
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Very cool car! We had a '76 Le Mans that was a much better car than it should have been lmao

Comment

Very cool to see an old thread like this possibly get revived. The car (in the original pictures from 10 years ago) looks to be in pretty good shape except for the part that hit the pole.

Do you still have the donor car for body parts? I'm guessing they'd be even harder to come by this many years later.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
                    Very cool to see an old thread like this possibly get revived. The car (in the original pictures from 10 years ago) looks to be in pretty good shape except for the part that hit the pole.

Do you still have the donor car for body parts? I'm guessing they'd be even harder to come by this many years later.
                    The good car has been in the garage and yard driven every month or so. The parts car is still here but it's a mess. It does still run and yard drive.

I think my first step is going to be doing some measuring and comparing to be sure the frame isn't tweaked.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Yes. You need to start another project so we can drool over it. Cool car.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I came home from the Hospital in my dad's Studebaker.

Comment

I was brought home in a 1947 Pontiac 2 door

Comment

Brought home in my grandma's white with blue pinstripes 1990 Town Car with gray leather seats. Also happy to hear you're getting another boat back out sailing the tarmac oceans! Really love '76-'77 Cutlasses- the fact yours is a factory 5 speed only adds to the mystique. I guarantee nobody bought them new, even if they made sense from acceleration and fuel economy standpoint versus a 3 speed automatic or 4 speed manual.
                            '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                            '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                            '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Working...
                            X